twenty six

25TH DECEMBER 2016 || MADRID, SPAI

"MERRY CHRISTMAS, LOVE," Álvaro mumbled against her pale skin. His voice was grumbly and rough from the amount of screeching and yelling he did last night whilst drunk. Thankfully, before they went to bed, a more sober, but still quite tipsy Klara had placed a glass of water and some aspirin on the bedside table for the morning.

She blinked at the ceiling a few times before responding, "And merry Christmas to you too, Álvaro,"

The night before had been crazy and left them both with pounding headaches. They had decided to go out with Isco and Raphaël. Camille, Rafa's girlfriend, was back in France for the holiday. It was a surprise that they stayed together past a couple of months, but even then, Klara still couldn't bring herself to like Camille. Still, she supported Raphaël in their relationship. Isco jr. was left with his Mum elsewhere in Madrid for Christmas Eve and the youngsters danced their hearts out in a club.

"How's the hangover going?" Klara raised her eyebrows at her boyfriend who was squinting at the light coming from the windows.

"Fucking horrible, thank you," he glared at her amused stare, "I know you told me so or whatever,"

"I did," she grinned cheekily, "So suck it up, and get up. We have to get to the house before four, and we have to cook lunch first,"

Klara flashed her eyes over to the digital clock to see that it was just past 10, which left her with about an hour and a half until Raphaël, Nicolas and Jess came for some light Christmas lunch before the five of them headed to the Montes household. Raphaël would usually go home for Christmas, but his parents went to Italy to visit their friends for Christmas, so he thought there was no point. He was instantly invited to the Montes-Morata Christmas dinner, which was the first Montes-Morata dinner since Christmas 2013.

In 2014, Álvaro had decided to stay home in Turin for Christmas and Klara went to France with Raphaël instead of trying to bear the awkwardness she would bring at the dinner. In 2015, the Moratas flew over to Italy to spend Christmas with their son instead, so it was a very special thing for the Montes' and the Morata's, as their interfamily traditions were coming back.

-

85,472 likesklaramontes always love spending time with my two families 💛 marta_abril merry christmas everyone!! 🎅🏼

85,472 likes
klaramontes always love spending time with my two families 💛 marta_abril merry christmas everyone!! 🎅🏼

-

Marta grinned at the post and liked it from her own post.

The Montes-Morata + Jess and Raphaël clan were all in the Montes household and while the adults were in the kitchen, the 6 young adults were in the living room. Kyle and Andrea were spending Christmas in Barcelona, unfortunately, but they'd promised to call on Skype before the night ended.

Álvaro's arm were wrapped tightly around her and his face was buried in her neck comfortably.

"When are you guys leaving for the Americas?" Nick asked from the other couch.

"Tomorrow morning," Klara answered, "And then we're leaving for New York on the 30th,"

Álvaro squeezed her waist to say he was excited. A couple of weeks ago, the couple decided that they would go on a short holiday after Christmas. After browsing some hot and exotic holiday places, they chose the Bahamas, and would stay there until the 30th, when they would set off for New York. It was always a dream of both of them to spend New Year's Eve in New York City.

The young adults continued to talk for a while until Susana came and told them the food was set up in the dining room. Years ago, as the families always had meals at each other's houses, both families invested in 10-seater dining tables. Since Kyle was absent, this left a seat open for two people, so Raphaël and Jess could slot in easily.

Klara was beside Álvaro, of course, and Nicolas, with her Susana in front of her. It didn't take long for everyone to start tucking into the heaps of food on the table.

"Raphaël, slow down darling," Camilla chuckled at the Frenchman, who was enthusiastically shoving potatoes in his mouth.

He smiled sheepishly and put down the fork, "Sorry Mamá M, but you know how much I love your cooking. Haven't had a home cooked meal in ages,"

"What are you talking about? You were here two weeks ago, hijo," Camilla laughed.

"Too long," he pouted before going back to his potatoes.

Klara smiled to herself. She loved the closeness that Raphaël held dearly to er family. Although he was an adult, he sometimes needed parents to just support him in everything. Since his parents were in France, Klara's parents took him under their wing over the past two years. He'd sometimes come over without Klara to just talk football with Alejandro and eat some food made by Camilla.

"You two stay safe on your travels okay?" Camilla directed her eyes to the couple, "And watch out for pick-pockets in the city,"

"We'll be alright," Klara responded, "It's going to be amazing,"

"The Bahamas is absolutely gorgeous," Susana added in, "Went there three years ago,"

-

A sense of warmth surrounded the big family as the radiator was switched on, the Christmas tree lights twinkled bright and Elf served as comforting background noise to the chatter in the family.

Presents had been opened already and they all sat in the living room with either coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Klara chewed on a marshmallow from her hot chocolate and rested her head on Álvaro's shoulders.

Kyle, Andrea and Kezia were on Skype and had been on for over an hour and it was time to say goodbye. Álvaro and Klara had said their's so the parents were saying theirs. The last thing heard was Kezia's adorable little giggle.

"Kez is the cutest little girl ever! What's it like having grandkids?" Susana turned to Camilla.

"It makes me feel old, but I just love Kezia," Camilla smiled.

"Marta, you ought to give us some grandkids soon! We aren't getting any younger," Susana teased at her daughter.

"Hey, i'm not the one in a serious relationship here," she mused and turned her eyes to Álvaro and Klara.

"Why are you looking at us like that?" Álvaro whined.

"Well you two aren't getting much younger either," Klara's dad chuckled, which surprised Klara. Out of everyone in this room, shouldn't he be the most protective over his only daughter. Then again, the four best friends have been encouraging and supporting Álvaro and Klara's relationship since day 1.

"We're only 24," Klara said softly with a smile. The thought of having kids hadn't ever crossed their minds seriously and nor had marriage that much.

-

The two returned to Álvaro's cold apartment that night. Before they went to the Montes' house, they dropped off Klara's suitcases so they could head straight to the airport in the morning.

She was in cotton pyjama bottoms and a plain grey shirt as she tucked in under the duvet. Álvaro flipped up his side of the duvet and climbed in too.

"Good night Klaz," he whispered and kissed her jawline sweetly, "I love you,"

"Goodnight Álvaro," she smiled to herself in the dark as he stretched an arm around her waist, "And I love you,"