epilogue (part one)

|| madrid, spain

KLARA GLANCED DOWN AT her fingers. For the day, they were especially groomed to be painted with a subtle glittering gold. Around one finger was a ring ever so extravagant and still not obnoxious. She remembered it like it was yesterday; the day Álvaro proposed to her.

It hadn't been too long after the Champion's League final in Gareth Balemd hometown which they had won, thus extending the Champion's League record of most won to 12, and they had vacationed in Turin. Álvaro didn't want to make the proposal too cheesy or overdone like proposing near the Eiffel Tower or something, and so he took her out for dinner, brought her flowers after and walked around a stunning park and lake at night. It was a simple proposal, but it worked just as well.

Miya squealed and wrapped her arms around the girl, "I can't believe my best friend's getting married today!"

"The last of the Montes kids to do so," Jess teased.

Surprisingly, Jess and Nicolas had married before Álvaro and Klara had even started planning. It was all a surprise really, but one that was welcomed entirely.

"And i'm not even 26 yet," Klara chuckled.

The bride, the bridesmaids, the people getting her ready for the big day, as well as Klara's mum and Álvaro's mum were all in this super fancy hotel room not too far from the church they chose to wed at. It was in their parent's wishes that they wed at a church too.

The hair stylists finished styling her hair to utter curled perfection and stepped away. She was finally prepped.

"You look absolutely gorgeous love," her mum had tears in her eyes as she looked on at her daughter, "Oh gosh, i'm so emotional, so happy!"

Álvaro's mum comforted the babbling woman and turned to her future daughter-in-law, "We've been waiting for this day for years, Klara! I'm so happy you've decided to marry that misfit son of mine. I mean, you've always been part of our family, and now it's going to be official!"

Klara laughed at all the comments as she was rushed out and into the limousine that Álvaro insisted was necessary. Her mum and Álvaro's mum would take a different car, whilst Klara would go with her bridesmaid and maids of honour. She chose to have Miya as her maid of honour, with Jess, Paulo's girlfriend Antonella who Klara befriended easily, and Álvaro's older sister Marta. Of course, Álvaro had the toughest time choosing his groomsmen, but in the end made Raphaël his best man, and Paulo, Nicolas and Isco right behind them.

It was to be the wedding of the year in the footballing world, for the sheer number of people attending. Some liked to wed small, but Álvaro insisted on inviting everyone he knew, which Klara had no problem with. His Juventus teammates were invited, his Real teammates too, of course, and his Spain teammates, wether retired or not, were present. Also, people like Antoine Griezmann and other people he just knew. That wasn't even all, Klara had a lot of people from the music industry come too. Wedding of the year.

-

The bridesmaids were to walk alone down the aisle and were positioned in front of her. The double doors to the main building of the church was right in front of her, and Klara couldn't believe that she was literally about to get married.

Everyone fussed around her, to make sure nothing was out of place, but all it did was make Klara more nervous.

"Hey," Miya, who was stood right in front of her, smiled reassuringly, "Take a deep breath, Klara. This is your day, you should be nothing but happy and overjoyed. You're finally getting married to the man of your dreams! Hey remember when we planned our dream weddings when we were 12? How's this shaping up?"