seven

18TH JULY 2016 || MONTREAL, CANADA

6 O'CLOCK THAT NIGHT the Madrid boys were released to explore Montreal under supervision of course. Not many shops were open but it was a great touristy photo-opportunity as the sun wouldn't go down for a while.

However, Klara was still a little mad at Raphaël for the sheer fact that he kept intervening in the relationship of Klara and Álvaro. She knew he meant well and she really did appreciate him but him carelessly saying that she needed to stop thinking about him crossed some line as she obviously was trying hard.

She was walking behind Luca Zidane and Martin, the youngsters, and filmed them because it looked so beautiful with the sunset creating shadows of their bodies. Luca turned around once and winked at the camera. God damn he was attractive. If only he was four or five years older. Klara snickered mentally at the thought but her jokey spirit died when Raphaël came to her side.

"Klara," he whined her name like a kid would, "Are you still mad at me?"

She didn't face him because she knew he'd be doing his stupid irresistible puppy eyes, "Yes I am,"

"I'm sorry," he pouted, "Can we just leave it at that?"

She sucked on the inside of her lip and thought. He hadn't really done too much wrong, "Fine, but I want you to just leave Álvaro alone. I can deal with him,"

He mumbled something incoherently, probably in French too, which made Klara snap his name.

"Fine," he exclaimed defensively before grumbling, "I'll leave him alone,"

She smirked at him lazily and pointed the camera to his face, "How are you finding Montreal, Raphaël?"

"It's beautiful," Raphaël shrugged, "And the weather is lovely, but it's such a change from scorching hot Madrid,"

Klara only had to film parts of the evening tour as she had a lot of footage from the training session. She felt satisfied with the clips she had and turned the camera off, "And that's a wrap for today,"

-

Klara didn't realise how tight the room was that night when she had to spend a long time editing her clips. It was a fairly large hotel room, but it was cluttered with furniture. By half past 9, she felt suffocated between the walls. It was a nice night out and the sunset was gorgeous.

She quickly shrugged on a coat over her clothes from that day which consisted of loose jeans and a crop top and grabbed her camera.

Meanwhile, Álvaro felt like Raphaël wasn't trying to kill him with his eyes anymore. Although they weren't back to BFF status from two years ago- and most likely never will be, Raphaël sent a minuscule smile here and there.

"Hey, where are you going?" Raphaël noticed that his roomie was putting back on his shoes and coat.

"To the roof," Álvaro shrugged, "I need some air,"

Raphaël just turned his attention back onto his phone. He didn't care enough.

The way to the roof was simple as hell. Álvaro only noticed that there was a rooftop due to the big ROOF button on the lift. He pressed it and the lift was there in a few seconds flat. He then walked up the six dusty steps and pushed back the iron graters that separated Álvaro from fresh air.

Right in the middle of the roof was a bulging block of something and on the side he couldn't see was her. Álvaro walked around and was shocked by the shape of Klara sat against the side of the block. He almost wanted to turn and run in knowing she wouldn't appreciate him there but she had already turned her head.

"Álvaro?" she said quietly. The sky was mighty orange but the rooftop was hardly lit. He nodded and sat a metre or so away, "What are you doing here?"

"Wanted some fresh air," he answered, "What about you?"

The tension between them irked Klara but she knew that it was her fault, "Same reason, but I wanted to get the sunset on video,"

Álvaro looked up to the sky and smiled, "It is beautiful isn't it?"

The great orange and pink filled sky wrapped around as far as they could see and with the cities tall buildings and their lights, it was certainly a sight to see.

"Klara?" he hummed.

"Yeah?" she said in the same tone.

Álvaro spoke cautiously, "Do you think you'll ever be able to forgive me?"

She frowned at him, but his eyes were kept to the sky, "What for?"

"Everything I guess," he shrugged, "Fighting with you the time leading up to my move, leaving you, not making the effort, coming back with Alice and then hurting you so much more,"

She stayed silent for the longest time which left Álvaro to worry. Had he said something wrong? She chuckled bitterly after, "I've been stupid haven't I? You don't need forgiveness for any of those because they were never wrong. I was on one side of the fight, I let you go too, I never made effort too, you've moved on and I've been hurting you too by my stupidity and anger. I'm just holding this stupid grudge against you,"

"Klara," he whispered, "I just want everything to go back to the way it was two years ago,"

"If it settles your mind, Álvaro, then i've forgiven you if there are things you need to be forgiven for. I forgave you a long time ago," she sighed, "But we will never go back to the way we were two years ago,"

Álvaro felt his heart clench at her words; her words which were so true, "I know Klara,"

The silence that followed was neither awkward, nor comfortable. It was kind of just stoic. Neither dared to leave and the two still felt as if there was something unfinished between them.

"A, tell me about your time in Italy," she urged softly.

He smiled to himself, "It was kind of amazing. It's beautiful too. I got so much experience there and I met great people. Do you know Paul Pogba and Paulo Dybala? They're some of my best friends,"

"Paul as in French, Rafa's teammate Paul?"

"That's the one," he answered, "They're so funny and cool. I feel bad for Paulo because i've just left him and Paul's on the brink of moving somewhere- don't tell anyone I told you that," Klara laughed at his rushed warning and then urged him to keep going, "I felt like I did well there,"

"I'm proud of you Morata,"

He beamed at her and felt his heart flutter like he was in a chick-flick, "Enough of me. I know you're doing great with your music career. You've practically worked with every superstar I hear on the radio,"

She blushed at the hidden compliment, "I don't really know why stars keep coming to me for help on their new albums,"

"I do," he interrupted confidently, "You're the best singer and song-writer I know and anyone who knows you would say you are the best they know too. You've cheered for me for so many years and I can't wait until I get to cheer for you after you've won a Grammy or something, because I know you will,"

A lot of things between Álvaro and Klara stand true and they will always stand. There's no denying that the two have major feelings for each other, may it be love, hate or plain friendship-like adoration for one another. They will never be able to erase the history between them.

Álvaro still made Klara nervous when he walks in the room. The butterflies will always come alive when they're next to each other and they both knew that although they themselves might change, those will never change.