fourteen

{okay i don't think real madrid's plane have that screen on the back of the seats where you can watch movies and all, but just go along with it!!!}

5TH AUGUST 2016 || JOHN F. KENNEDY AIRPORT

"EVERYONE PLEASE BE considerate on the flight," Zidane told the players with his arms folded, "A lot of us will be sleeping all the way to Madrid since we will get there around 8 AM and it's not a convenient time to sleep there," He knew how rowdy they could get sometimes.

The players just shrugged. What did they have to celebrate? They didn't win the trophy; PSG won the trophy.

Álvaro and Raphaël were almost back to their bff/bromance status of 2014, but Álvaro knew that it wouldn't last long. When Álvaro asked if he could complete the three-seater row with Raphaël and Klara, he didn't object.

Raphaël was weird though; he liked the aisle seat and Klara liked the window seat, which left Álvaro in the middle. He didn't mind at all anyway.

As soon as the plane took off, Raphaël was out like a light and everyone knew it was hard to get him up.

Klara opened up the complimentary blanket and fished out her headphones from her bag which laid on the floor. She plugged it into one of the headphone holes and flicked it onto the TV shows section.

Álvaro, with his own blanket over himself, pulled up the seat divider between them and shuffled closer to her. She didn't mind and smiled tinily at him while she picked out the latest complete season of Modern Family. Álvaro pouted and plugged in his own set of earphones so he could hear.

They were sat in close proximity to one another for a few minutes until Klara's head snapped towards him when he cheekily turned his body a bit and laid an arm over her waist.

"Slowly," she whispered and emphasised the word. He pretended as if he couldn't hear her, but bit his lip to keep himself from chuckling.

They got through the episode, but by the time the second had started, Klara's eyes were drooping.

"Get some sleep," he whispered to her. She made some kind of noise and shut her eyes. Álvaro reached around her to take out the earphones from her ear since she didn't like having something playing in her ear whilst she slept. Her head fell onto his shoulder and so he pressed a comforting kiss on the side of her head.

Eventually, he drifted out of consciousness too.

-

Sergio, being the one to walk around the plane, was given the task to wake everyone up by Zidane. The plane would descend in ten minutes. Most of the adults were already awake, so all he had to do was wake up the players.

Starting at the back, he woke up all the youngsters and then moved forward. He noticed a peculiar thing, however. Klara and Álvaro were too close for comfort to be just friends. They were in a position similar to the positions they would be in on the plane rides while they were still dating. Two blankets draped over them and the armrest was pushed back. Her head was resting on his shoulders and the blanket outlined his arm which laid over her protectively.

Sergio shook his head happily; he knew the two would never be able to resist each other for long. However, he figured they hadn't told anyone since Álvaro was sat next to Raphaël too. The protective Frenchman would have already executed Álvaro if he had known.

He shook Álvaro first as he was the lighter sleeper of the two. The striker rubbed at his eyes and looked up at his captain.

"We're going to descend soon, Álvaro," Sergio smirked, "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone what I saw, but you better wake her up before Raphaël wakes up and throws you out of the plane"

Álvaro looked down at the girl who was still leaning onto him, and blushed, "Thanks Sergio,"

Sergio's smirk widened and so he moved down to James, Karim and Marcelo.

Álvaro gently shook the girl. She groaned quietly and rolled over to the other side.

"Klaz, we're landing soon," he whispered. She hummed in response and rubbed at her eyes like he did when he woke up, "I put your headphones back in your bag,"

She nodded and peeled off the blanket off of her. He imagined that she must have gotten hot in her leggings and thick jumper.

Álvaro then turned to the lightly snoring Frenchman and shook him significantly harder than Klara, "Wake up! We're going to land soon,"

"Fuck you bro," Raphaël's voice came out jagged and dry, "I was having a really good dream,"

"Tough," Álvaro chuckled. That was when the seatbelt sign flickered on and the voice of the pilot rang out.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are about to descend into Madrid–Barajas Airport. Please fasten your seat belts and refrain from standing up," he spoke calmly before a mass of clicking of seatbelt sounded.

Klara fastened her seatbelt and laid the folded blanket in her lap. Her throat felt dry and her eyes were too. Planes just sucked the moisture out of anywhere.

"Klara? Will you be fine?" Raphaël peered over Álvaro to talk to Klara.

She smiled weakly at him, "I'll never stop hating landings, but don't worry, i'll try and stick this one through," Klara crinkled her nose as she thought of the fast-accelerating plane colliding with the ground before zooming away unstoppably. It just didn't sit well with her.

Álvaro frowned. She still hated airplane landings? His heart dropped and all he wanted to do was cuddle her and comfort her.

Raphaël nodded and turned his head to Mateo who was sat on the edge seat of the aisle seats. Álvaro took this opportunity to spread his blanket over the sides of their bodies. He grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly as if to say i'm here. She gave him the same defeated smile.

It pained Álvaro to watch her scrunch up her face in displeasure when the plans did finally go down and she let out a little tiny squeal when the landing wasn't so smooth.

The Real Madrid plane circled the grounds for a while until it finally stopped. Klara and Álvaro's hands were separate and the blanket was folded.

-

"Will you be okay?" Klara asked Álvaro away from the group, "You know, with going back to your house and Alice isn't there waiting for you and all that,"

Álvaro looked into her eyes, "I can tell you feel guilty. Don't, because it's not your fault. I just didn't love her like I-"

"And it took spending time with me for you to realise that," she interrupted, "I'll see you again soon Á,"

She retreated back to Raphaël's side without another look at him.

Álvaro knew their relationship was far from mirroring the one they had two years ago. There was still things to sort out between them- like the Alice situation for example, but Álvaro knew he would do anything to restore their once fruitful and passionate relationship.

//

{a/n: i'm sorry this was so short! i'll probably update the next chapter tomorrow though;)}