twenty one

AUGUST 28TH 2016 || MADRID, SPAIN

"GOOD MORNING," Álvaro smiled sweetly at the girl who had just awoken under him. He'd been awake for about 10 minutes and just did not want to break the position since he was extremely comfortable.

She groaned lowly and turned further into his chest, "No,"

"Klaz, we're getting brunch with Raphaël and Camille in three hours," he chuckled, "Get up,"

He tried sitting up, but her arms tightened around him.

"Can we stay here for like another 5 minutes?" she pouted at him.

-

Álvaro squeezed her hand in his and lifted them to his lips. She smiled to herself and continued to look out at the traffic in front of them.

"I hope we won't be too late," she expressed.

"They won't mind," Álvaro mused, "Besides, Raphaël is late to everything,"

They were meeting Raphaël and Camille at a café for brunch at 11 AM and it was 10:54 AM. Their current situation was: stuck in Madrid traffic.

"That is true," she chuckled, "So, what do you think about this whole situation?"

"If he likes her, then so be it," Álvaro replied with a shrug, "I'm just so confused as to why he hasn't told you anything and left you to be told by the other WAGs,"

"I know," she chewed on the inside of her lip, "He says i've been caught up with you, which is totally ridiculous. I've seen him a few times in these past two weeks,"

"Maybe he feels neglected," Álvaro reasoned.

-

In fact, Raphaël was almost half an hour late and practically drenched in sweat as he rushed into the restaurant. A skinny blonde followed suit.

"Sorry we're late, guys. I had to pick up Camille and the traffic was ridiculous," Raphaël breathed out.

"Yes, but why do you look like you've run a marathon and a half?" Klara stared him down in amusement.

"My car's air conditioning broke!" he whined before gesturing to the menus, "Have you two ordered?"

"Not yet," Álvaro answered, "We'll give you two some time,"

Camille had only said a simple 'hi!' ever since she entered, and looked as if she thought she was out of place. After they all ordered, everyone felt this kind of awkwardness between the couples.

"So," Raphaël began, "Whose relationship should we explain first?"

"We have to explain our relationship?" Klara looked at Álvaro and then raised her eyebrows at the Frenchman.

"Well, Camille doesn't know about your complicated relationship," he shrugged.

Klara squinted her eyes at him, "You patronise me, Varane,"

Álvaro let out a throaty chuckled and wrapped an arm around his girlfriend's shoulder, "To make our complicated relationship simple, basically, we've known each other all our lives, dated for six years until I moved to Italy and then two years later I came back and we've been dating again for about two weeks,"