Entry 6

ENTRY 6

I saw something I wasn't supposed to witness. I don't know if I can even write it here in my parchment journal. It was something I can't understand and I guess I'll never have. I am still trying to catch my breath about this situation that my own two eyes saw. I'm not scared, just a little shocked.

I was in the library, scanning for programming books I need for my term paper and I accidentally heard something. A girl was talking to a guy. The voices seemed familiar and they are just talking behind the shelf where I was standing. I was trying to keep myself from moving to prevent unnecessary tweaks my shoes would make.

"I don't buy it, Richard. You just can't handle the fact that someone loves you like this."

"Monica, stop it. I'm a respectable college professor and I won't let you ruin me. You can't ruin me. I'm a bachelor with too many female students as admirers. You know what? Stop stalking me or I swear to God you'll regret it."

"Why? Why? You'd jump off to your next target? To another female student? Last time I counted I'm your third and by the looks of it, it won't stop there." I heard a chuckle from the male professor.

"Yeah? It's none of your fucking business, Monica. You're a senior now and in few weeks time, you're an adult. I don't need an old woman with me. Younger ones make me feel youthful and you make me feel disgusted." I swallowed a lump. This guy is horrible and the most despicable man I've ever heard.

I heard this Monica lady started crying and the guy sounded like he's walking away from her. I quickly walked away from where I was to see a clear view of his face and bam.

I saw my Physics professor Richard Simmons walking away from the scene like a bastard dressed in his expensive suit.

Because I was curious, I made a little experiment by myself and pretended to unconsciously flirt with him. He seems to have a disgusting fondness with women on a younger age bracket. He's obviously a predator or someone who can't move on from his teenage fantasy.

I pretended to accidentally bump into him while reading a Tolstoy. I intentionally made him wrap his arms around me in the library the next day I saw him with that girl. I need to try it out myself to see if she's right.

I felt his touch on my arm lasting around ten seconds which isn't normal. There's something about his touch I can't comprehend; like a mystery and it's chilling.

"I'm so sorry, Prof. Simmons. I wasn't looking at my way. I was so caught up in reading-"

"Tolstoy. Yes, he is indeed a great author." Then he faked a boyish laugh.

"Yes. I'm in love with all of his works. He's amazing." I smiled, slowly adjusting my glasses.

"Ah yes. Wait, you're in my class right?"

"Yes, sir. I'm a freshman in your Physics class. I'm Nina Sawyer. You probably won't remember me since you got a lot of students to remember and I'm not that remarkable to remember." He smiled at me and I already knew he fell on my bait.

"You are a beautiful woman to forget. How can I forget you? I know you by the face but not by the name. Don't worry, I'll never forget your name, sunshine." I smiled at him.

"Actually, I'm the opposite. My full name is Nina Rain Sawyer. I was born during a hurricane."

"Really? So, I'll just call you remarkable Rain?" Then I smiled.

"Okay. Just call me remarkable Rain. I'm going now, I still have to grab dinner and study for finals week. Have a great night Prof. Simmons." I told him.

"You too, remarkable Rain." He said as i turned my back on him, feeling extremely nervous. There is something not right about him. I don't know what that is but I'll find out.

Love, Nina