New Found Friend

I feel bad, I feel bad hearing her mothers story. I feel bad knowing.

"How did your parents feed you before?" I ask.

"By killing homeless people, some criminals, some people who got lost.
I didn't know I was eating people.
My parents told me that I was on a special diet. I was ten when i saw everything. How they prepare my special food.
Huh, its not my fault i am what i am. I tried to be normal, God knows i tried. But you see, you are what you eat. So im basically more human than you are." She laughed sarcastically.

"Im sorry.."
I said to her,

"Why do you apologize to me? It's not your fault I'm a monster. You didn't know me till a few days ago. Don't be sorry for something you didn't do. That's just awful!"
Why is she right?

"I just feel sorry, I didn't know your story."

"You havent heard all and you felt that way.. Your just being nice!"
She stood up.

"This is my favorite place here, i sometimes bring my books and stay here for a while."
Wait..did she say books??

"You have books? What kind if books??"
I asked her. Feeling excited about the books.

"Anything, i have all sorts,from the classics,horror,romance,scifi, and a lot more, i have a book where it has all the edible plants that can be found in the forest. Thats my favorite. I have a whole library. Its at my room."
No wonder i havent seen it, ive never been in her room.

"Who taught you to read? I mean its impossible to go to school.."

"My dad did, he taught me how to read,to write, to play guitar,to ride a horse, to cook...etc! I can do everything because dad taught me. He was the one who teach me how to fight and use a gun,and to hunt."

"Your father, is he still alive?"
She nodded.

"My dad is alive. My mom died a year ago."

"I'm..sorry to hear that."

"There you go again, stop saying sorry.!"
She smiled at me. I can't find the words to describe each moment she smiles. Not her sinister evil smile, but her carefree and happy smile.

"Why are you staring at me?" She asked

"I dont know" i shrug my shoulders.

" Im evil, so don't get to comfortable with me. I might eat you in your sleep!! Roar!" Shes definitely teasing me.

"Then maybe i should start eating spices so you could just eat me!" I joked.
She giggled

"Yummy! But i wont eat you."
Did she just said what i always wanted her to say?

"Ill let you go when you can run. And can survive a walk for two days alone." I..s she saying..the truth?

"You..your the first person ill let go, Ive decided, im getting fond of you. Your keeping me sane, I'm not like this. I don't like this change in me. Caring and being thoughtful." She added.. She was about to walk away but I stopped her. I held her hand.

"Why are you doing that?" I ask, curious for the sudden change in her. Or is she really like this before?

"You have a life and a family.. And isnt that what you wanted?" She answered,not looking at me.

The sound of the river flowing,calming and soothing.. That's the only sound I hear now. My heart suddenly feel strange in the news that she told me. We headed back to her house. The silence envelopes us, and made me feel down and sad.