My Mother

Charlie

What's taking them so long! More police will be here in a few minutes. We need to be out of here, fast!

I'm sitting in the car behind the police station. The gunshots are still there. I took my phone and dialed Joe's number. No answer.

"Shit! Answer the goddamn phone!" I kicked the cars tire.

He can't be dead, he's the best guy I have. He's invincible and he's really good at his job.

Its been an hour now, I need to take a look.

Cara

I look at my hands, the hands of a monster. Just like how mother said.

'What is that thing doing here?' She asked dad. She's pacing back and forth in her room. Whenever she glanced at me, I get scared. Shes mad at me. She hates me.

'This is not a thing! Shes our daughter! Stop fidgeting and stop that!' My dad looks at her annoyed. I clutched my dads hands.

'What's her name?' She asked him.

'Cara Maris, you like that name so I gave it to her.' She smiled sarcastically.

'Come here little cara, come to mommy!' She ordered me. Dad let mg hand go.

'Don't worry,she won't hurt you. I'm right here cara.' Dad said reassuringly. I nodded. I walked to where my mom is. She kneeled in front of me and looked at me. She put her hands on my shoulder.

'You monster..' She whispered,her voice full of hatred. I winced and tried to get away but she firmly hold my little shoulder.

'Let me go,..your hurting me..' She laughed evilly.