0.2 Phantomhive Brother

"I'm sorry, but my master's sister died in the fire a year ago," the man said.

My heart stopped for a second. Ciel thought that I died in the fire?

"That's nonsense. I thought that he died in the fire. Please, let me see my brother. I will prove that I am his sister, and I am not dead after all."

He sighed and opened the door wider. I stepped inside and marveled at how nothing seemed to have changed.

"The young master wanted the manor rebuilt exactly how it was before the fire." He explained, most likely noticing the awe-struck expression I had on my face.

"It's almost as if... The fire never happened."

Everything was the same. The carpets, the paintings, the furniture, everything. I felt as if I was transported back in time when everything was happy and there were no worries. But those days were gone.

The Phantomhive name will never be the same. Whenever future generations hear about us, they'll only know our "tragic history." It was already infuriating enough having people give you sad looks and saying that they're sorry all the time, acting as if they truly care about what happened to us.

"May I ask what your name is?"

"Sebastian," he simply replied.

He sure was a mysterious man. There was no doubt there was something he was hiding. But then again, everyone has their secrets. I decided to brush it off and continue following him.

Sebastian led me through the halls. I looked at the familiar paintings and other decor against the creamy white walls. Memories flashed through my head as waves of nostalgia hit me as I recalled the past.

"We are here, Lady Y/n."

His white-gloved hand reached for the brass doorknob, causing my heart to pound out of my chest. It would not be surprising if he was able to hear the thumps. The knob clicks and Ciel comes into view, sitting on a plush chair in his study.

"Sebastian, what are you doing here? I have not called you for anything," Ciel says, annoyance laced in his voice.

"Sorry for interrupting your work my lord, but this young lady here claims to be your sister."

I slowly walked into the room, meeting Ciel's deep blue eye. The other one is covered with a black eyepatch. Did he somehow hurt or lose his eye in the fire?

Papers fall to the ground as he drops what he was working on., including a tea cup he was drinking from. The small, ceramic cup fell onto the glossy oak floor and broke into tiny pieces. The liquid from the cup flowed out, the brown almost blending into the floor. He runs towards me and I engulf him in a hug.

"Ciel..."

Tears rushed down my face as we embraced. I was overjoyed to know my brother was indeed alive.

"I missed you, brother."

Ciel pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped my tears away. "I missed you too."

"It's strange to see you showing such emotions, young master," Sebastian said.

"Oh shut it Sebastian. Go get a broom and rag and clean up the broken tea cup."

Sebastian bowed and presumably went off to get cleaning supplies. Ciel turned his attention to me and gave a small smile.

"I'm elated to know you are alive and well brother. You've no idea the grief I have felt the past months."

"There's no need for worry anymore. I too, have felt horrible the past year, but we can put it all behind us now," Ciel says.

Sebastian entered the room once again and swiftly cleaned up the mess. "I take my leave now to allow you and your sister to catch up. Supper will be served in a few hours."