1.9 His Butler, Lost

Sebastian wanders the lonely streets, hoping to find what he has lost. Ever since that night on the bridge, he calls out, waiting for a sign. Waiting for his love to come home.

For five years, he waited. 

Slowly, his resolve has almost deteriorated to nothing.

His young master was still as stubborn as ever. Ciel believed they would be able to find her. But was it just a lie he kept telling himself to keep from breaking? 

"Sebastian! I think I found something!" 

Adrianna walks up to the pair, blonde hair slightly tussled from the night winds. Nevertheless, she smiles as she makes her way towards the butler and his master. She was the only one who tried keeping a smile on her face. It was a sign of her determination to find her best friend. 

"I think I got some clues to her whereabouts. In the demon brothel," she shudders as she says this, "there was a drunk demon who was blabbering about the new queen of Hell. I asked him what she looked like, and the description fits Y/n."

"Impossible," Sebastian mumbles, "we searched Hell four years ago."

"Maybe we did not check thoroughly. Sebastian, this is the only clue we have gotten in three years."

"So it is settled then," Ciel says, "Adrianna, did you get any more information?"

"Yes. They say the queen has been comatose for five years. The king has been trying to find ways to wake her up." 

Sebastian feels his heart start beating quick. A sign had finally shown up. His resolve became stronger than ever. He was finally going to be able to bring his love back home.

He thought about how happy his daughter was going to be to finally see her mother. For five years, he had to do his best to raise her, with the occasional help from Adrianna and the three servants. Right now, Scarlett was in the care of Mey-Rin at the Phantomhive manor.

The trio makes their way to the edge of England, on their way to the entrance to Hell. They were first going to have to come up with a plan. The king would not hand over Y/n easily.  

Ciel is the first one to spot the cliff that leads to Hell. He remembers when Sebastian and he first took the jump down to look for Y/n. Sebastian instead remembers the time when he had brought Y/n and they danced. It had been the day before everything changed and the only worries he had was Y/n getting cold feet at the wedding. 

Adrianna holds out her death scythe, courtesy of her father pulling a few strings to get her one. It was an axe, just like the one Y/n had. Although he did not show it, seeing Adrianna's axe brought back the painful memories of when Y/n was under Angela's control.

After Ciel had ordered Sebastian to leave London Bridge, the both of them had went back to the fountain to see if Aetherius was still there. It had disappeared. So long as its vessel is still alive, it will always return to their stomach. 

The three run forward and jump off the cliff. They fall fast, nearing the ground within seconds. The entrance to Hell is like a large lake, but instead of water, it is a giant mirror. Ciel is the first to go through the mirror. It seems the mirror shatters into a million pieces when someone passes through it. 

Ciel falls flat on his back, groaning at the impact. He had been too focused on falling instead of landing on his feet. Adrianna and Sebastian land safely. 

"Wow," Adrianna breathes out, "I thought Hell was flames all around. This...this is the complete opposite."

"Contrary to popular belief, Hell is a place devoid of warmth. It is just cold. Demons are typically creatures with no emotions, devoid of love and warmth. Hell just reflects what we are."