0.8 Phantomhive Investigation

Ciel recovered from the eventful day of the kidnapping. We continued working on the case of the murdered prostitute. So far, only more dead bodies were appearing. It looked like the case was not going to be solved. It was close to becoming a cold case.

"Y/n, I think I may have just found our prime suspect," Ciel called to me.

I raised an eyebrow, "Who might it be?"

"Aleistor Chambers," he reveals, "he is better known as the Viscount Druitt. Guests at parties have noticed he leaves to another room to host a more special event. Only a certain few are able to get into this party, but no one knows who has witnessed the events."

"How will we know for sure if the Viscount is indeed the murderer?"

"Luckily, I may have found our way in."

Madam Red appeared at the doorway smiling, "Due to my high social status, I have been invited to a party the Viscount is hosting tomorrow night. I will take you there and you can investigate. I have devised a plan. Lau will come with me as my lover, and Grell, of course, my butler."

Grell. Just hearing his very name makes me irritated. Madam Red dropped him off here at the manor a few days ago so Sebastian could help him become a good butler for Madam Red. Except, he screws up almost anything. When he gets in trouble, he tries to commit suicide. He has done it so much nowadays no one tries to stop him anymore because he won't do it. I was sick and tired of the fool already.

"You three were hard to come up with, but I have figured it out," she continues. "Y/n will pose as my distant cousin, and Sebastian will be her husband. As for Ciel, he will be my niece!"

He choked on his tea, "Niece!? Why must I pose as a girl?!"

Madam Red clapped her hands together, "It is simple! I have always wanted a girl!"

Ciel glared at me as I snickered. I was definitely going to take advantage of the moment.

-

"Why must I wear this? It is atrocious!"

Madam Red and I dressed Ciel up in a pink dress with a frilly, white neckline and off the shoulder sleeves. Black bows adorned the bottom of the dress, as well as a black and white striped bow in the middle of his chest with a pink rose. He wore a matching pink hat with a white sash tied around it and flowers decorating the bottom. To top it all off, we put bluish-grey hair extensions so he really looked like a girl.

He pulled on black elbow length gloves. "I cannot believe I let you two do this to me."

"Do not worry young master," I said as Madam Red left to get ready. "The night will be over before you know it."

The door opened and Sebastian peered in, "You look...quite lovely, young master. Y/n come with me to get ready."

I bowed my head to Ciel and followed Sebastian out the room to the other side of the mansion. We entered our room, where I saw an elegant light blue ball gown sitting on the bed.

"It is a beautiful dress, Sebastian."

"I took the liberty of picking it out. I have noticed you tend to lean towards dark greens, blues, and purples when you go to a ball. Since we're in disguise I decided you should go with the opposite of what you usually wear."

"That is quite clever of you, Sebastian. I guess I should go full on opposite if we are going to do this."

Looking in the mirror, I watched as my black hair turned honey blonde. One eye turned green, while the other turned brown. I felt myself grow a bit shorter.