2.4 His Butler, Concerned

After the entire fight with Dalia, Sebastian stayed by Y/n's side. He lied next to Y/n as her bones began healing and going back to their original positions. With a number of bones she had broken, it was bound to take a few hours. The whole process was only mildly uncomfortable because demons only begin to feel pain when they go a long time without devouring a soul. 

Adrianna and Ciel spent an hour investigating the forest to make sure there were no other unwanted demonic visitors. 

"Sebastian." 

He looks down at his wife, who's eyes were drooping. Mending bones took a lot out of her. 

"Do you think that there is going to be another big fight? Like the one that I had with Angela?" Y/n inquires. 

"Yes. Orion is going to try everything in his powers to get you. There are only three possible scenarios: Orion and Dalia get what they want, the both of us die, or they die. We are just going to have to try to make sure it's the third scenario." 

For the rest of the night, the couple just lies together silently. They listen to the crickets chirping outside and various other nocturnal animals scurrying around.

Everything was completely different for Y/n. Instead of living in the Phantomhive Manor in England, she was now living in a villa in Italy. Her sister is dead, but now there is possibly a bigger threat.

---

"We should probably leave them alone now. A lot has happened for Y/n today." 

Adrianna, Ciel, and Scarlett were still sitting at the dining table. Adrianna and Ciel had set out to fix the broken wall and Scarlett fixed the counter.

"My mother is certainly a crazy demon. I don't know how she still had the strength to fight back after that," Scarlett says. 

"I agree. It's just surprising how different everything is now. She's so wound up and angry now, and Sebastian is extremely concerned for her. I remember the days when we didn't have to worry about things like this. I hope one day you get to see Y/n when she's carefree and happy." 

Scarlett looks over at her uncle, intrigued to hear more about her mom, "Really? What's it like?" 

"Well, I can tell you about the time we..." 

It was a remarkably hot day in England. Ciel was in his office, unable to concentrate with the heat. He looks up when he sees his sister enter the room. 

"Ciel, are you alright?" 

"No," Ciel replies irritably, "my mind is all over the place and this heat is killing me. Bloody hell, we're in England! Why is the weather like this all of a sudden?" 

Y/n chuckles, "It sounds like someone needs a day off. Why don't we all head out to the lake? The water should be nice and cool and help with the heat." 

"Oh, all right. Tell Sebastian and the servants to get ready."

Y/n bows her head and walks to the kitchen. As usual, Sebastian is scolding the three servants. 

"How many times have I told you three not to-" 

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but my brother has asked me to tell you we are going to the lake. Pack your swimming attire. We are to leave shortly," Y/n advises. 

"Ciel, was this before or after my parents fell in love?" Scarlett interrupts to ask.

"Before. It was also before your father even knew Y/n was a demon. He said she acted so much like a regular human, he never suspected her to be a demon. That all changed one night when she accidentally let it slip, but that's a story for another time," Ciel answers.