1.6 Phantomhive Vows

Day 4:

This was it. Today was the day I would marry Sebastian Michaelis and become Y/n Michaelis. Somehow, that thought was not making me happy. How am I supposed to be happy when I was going to get taken away from my family one day later?

A wave of nostalgia hits me as I remember my previous marriage when I was human. Everything was like a cycle: become happy again, only to have said happiness taken away in the blink of an eye.

Currently, it was late afternoon. The wedding would take place in the evening. After the date and training with Sebastian last night, Adrianna forbid us of seeing each other after that. Sebastian had to sleep in a different room while I stayed in our room. I spent most of the lonely day with Scarlett sleeping soundly in my arms. Adrianna was nowhere to be seen, although she was most likely setting everything up.

Scarlett let out a little cry. I walked to the bed and picked her up, rocking her gently.

"Someone needs their nappy changed," I said.

I changed her nappy and just as I finished, Adrianna entered the room. Her blonde hair was pinned up in a bun. She was wearing a teal dress that was one shoulder and flowed elegantly to the ground.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, Adrianna," I complimented

A light blush spread across her cheeks, "Thank you, but today is your day to shine. After all, you are about to become Y/n Michaelis."

"It is almost surreal. In just the span of a year, everything has changed. I am about to get married, I have a daughter, and my sister is most likely out for my blood."

"Forget about Angela tonight. Enjoy the day with Scarlett and Sebastian."

Adrianna sat me down on a chair and grabbed the curling tongs. My hair was just past my waist, which meant it would take slightly longer to curl. I watched through the big, circular mirror as she curled my hair.

My once straight, black hair was now in voluminous curls.

"You do not need any cosmetics since demons are designed to be naturally beautiful."

She handed me a pair of black diamond earrings and a matching black leaf headpiece. I put on a pair of lace-up purple heels and watched as Adrianna brought my wedding dress forward. Adrianna helped me with my corset before I stepped into the dress. Once done, she placed a floor length veil on my head.

She turned me around so I could see myself in the floor length mirror. I gasped at my reflection.

"This is really happening. I am going to get married today," I mumbled.

"Don't get cold feet all of a sudden," Adrianna teased.

I looked at the grandfather clock and noticed it was almost the evening. Somehow, the time managed to pass by quickly while I was getting ready. Sebastian and everyone else was probably already at the church.

We changed Scarlett into a lavender dress, and she looked absolutely adorable. Scarlett giggled and sucked on her thumb. Her eyes turned fuchsia for a split second before returning to their regular crimson. It was something that happened almost everytime she giggled. Adrianna and I laughed at her behavior.

"Let me just go to the telephone and ring Mey-Rin so she knows that we are about to leave. Everything at the church should be set up, or they should be adding the finishing touches."

She quickly exited the room. Scarlett wrapped her small hand around my finger.

"You can wear this dress when you get married. I will leave it in a box for you to make sure it does not get damaged," I told her, even though she probably did not understand what I was saying.