Chapter 2

"Yes, she is. Alright who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri and Janine to Turkey?" Kirova asked. All of Roza's friends wanted to go and try to help her through this difficult time.

"Alright all of you go pack we will have someone pack up your rooms and ship your things wherever you decide. There's no time for a ceremony so I will just put your papers in with your things you can get your promise marks later. Mason and Eddie you two will be Lissa's guardians until further notice. Dimitri it's been good working with you be sure to take care of our little Rose."

"With my very life." I replied honestly.

Letting Roza sleep I packed her clothes, being sure not to let Janine see any of the lingerie.

"How many times has that happened Dimitri?"

"Well as I said, the first time it was with Jesse Zeklos a few hours before the attack. After we worked past the violence I then had to talk her past the depression." Of course I didn't tell her what happened after we got past the violence and depression. "The second time it was just the depression, again it took me over an hour to talk her out of slitting her wrists. That was when she took it from Lissa just before Lissa tried to cut herself. And you just saw the third."

"Why does this happen?" I continued to pack Roza's things as I talked to Janine.

"Janine, I don't know if you know this or not. But when Roza and Lissa were fifteen they were in a terrible car accident that killed everyone but Lissa."

"What?!"

"Calm down Janine." I told her nodding to a sleeping Roza. "Anyway as you know Lissa specializes in spirit, she used it to bring Roza back to life that is how their bond was formed. That is how Roza always knows when Lissa needs her how she always knows what Lissa is thinking and feeling. It's how she can see, talk to and control ghosts and it's how she knows when there are strigoi near. With the bond Roza takes all of Lissa's bad and unhealthy emotions into herself. So Lissa doesn't have to feel or deal with them and you just saw a very tiny portion of the results of that. Almost all the trouble Roza has gotten into is because of the bond. The rest is because she's taken responsibility for what Lissa's done. Such as destroying that moroi boys room before they ran away, Roza didn't do that Lissa did. But as usual Roza took the blame for it she's told no one but me about the times that she's done that. And trust me when I say there are a lot of them." 

Sighing I continued. "No one knows this but Roza and I did some research and she could break the bond if she wanted to. But if she does that then Lissa would have to deal with her own action and emotions. Roza has been protecting Lissa since they were five years old from every type of danger you can think of. Physical, emotional and physiological you name it and Roza has protected Lissa from it. The more Lissa uses her magic the closer to insanity she drives Roza. But she still does it she even practices so she will be good at it." I hissed. 

"I asked Roza once to break the bond but she said she couldn't because she was not needed the way Lissa is. That she is just an unimportant dhampir, and she really and truly believes that. She doesn't think she's important to anyone but me and she's right she is the most important anything, everything and anyone in the world to me. When I fell in love with Roza I knew that I could never put anyone's life and safety above hers. We also found out that we can have biological children of our own. Which is something that we both want very badly. But only with each other. Someone told her about that damn offer that Tasha made me and it nearly destroyed her. She told me to take the offer because she knew how much I wanted to be a father. This all happened before we found out that we could have kids together. I know, that you know, that it was her and her alone that got Mason, Eddie, Mia, Christian and herself out of that house in Spokane alive. Christian and Mia helped a little but it was all Roza that got them out."