Chapter 21

"Why?"

"Because to be on the council you will need a direct blood relative to stand up for you. I would do it myself but I am not your blood sister. And I want you to take the Dragomir's place on the council." I turned to Chris, "I also want you, Chris, to take the Ozera's seat."

"Are... are you serious Rose?" Chris stammered.

"Yes, we need people that we know that we can trust to do what is best for our society. Not people who are hateful and corrupt; who care about nothing and no one but themselves and lining their own pockets."

"But Rose, I'm... I'm..."

"You are what Chris?"

"Well quite frankly, I'm me." He laughed.

"Chris, as my brother, I need you to hear this. Dimitri and I need people on the councils that we know that we can trust. People that will be willing to do what is best for our people not just themselves. And we do trust you Chris you may be a snarky, sarcastic smart ass, but you have ideas of the things that are needed to change in our world. You have hidden in the shadows and observed our world for years we are asking for your help here Sparky."

Chris stared at me for a few minutes then turned to look at Lissa who nodded at him. Then he looked at Dimitri who also nodded at him. Then he turned back to me, "did you really have to put it like that? You knew that I couldn't say no if you said it that way." I grinned at him. "Fine, I will do it. I will take the Ozera seat on the council." He sighed then said, "Rosie, you better do something good to pay me back for this." Then he laughed.

"I already am; I am keeping your surprise a secret."

Lissa looked back and forth between the two of us before asking, "what surprise?"

Chris rolled his eyes at me and said, "I guess that will do."

Again Lissa asked, "what secret?"

Chris answered with, "you will find out soon I promise."

She turned to me asking me with her eyes to tell her but I wasn't going to ruin the moment for them. "You will know soon sis, and trust me you will love it."

Sighing she said, "ok. Now what do we do about Jill? Her mother may have a stroke when we tell her the truth."

"I will ask for her to come to our coronation after which the four of us will take them to mine and Dimitri's private office. Once inside our office we will give her mother the chance to come clean. If she does not then we will do it for her. After we handle that you and Jill will need to go somewhere and talk. Just so you know, the council will not be all royals anymore it will be half in half. And the guardian council will also be half guardians and half non-guardian dhampirs. Adrian is going to take the Ivashkov seat, or at least we are hoping that he will. If we can find and change Sonya Karp back I am hoping she and Mikhail Tanner will join the councils. I also want to ask Alberta, Hans Croft, Eddie, and Mason." Turning to Dimitri I asked, "do you have any ideas for the guardians?"

"Well I was going to suggest Tanner." He laughed. "Also, as much as I love you. I think Mason and Eddie are not experienced enough to be on the council. At least not on the guardians side since they never have been nor will they ever be guardians. But if you have your heart set on them it is fine."

"I agree on their lack of experience and I would have suggested Yuri, Celeste and Emil but we promised Karo that they would be at St. Vlad's to look after Pasha."

"Yes we did. But those on the council will not have to live at court, they can just come when there are meetings."

"So you think, that they would not only be the better choice because of not only their experience. But because they know the true feeling and meaning; physically, emotionally and mentally of a kill."