Chapter 9

"I'm on my way my love."

"She's on her way." He looked at me dumbfounded but didn't remark. "Guys can you go start looking for your tuxes?" They all nodded knowing that this was something Roza and I needed to do alone.

A few minutes later in walked my beautiful bride. She also shook Mr. Hamden's hand. "Mr. Hamden, it's so nice to meet you. I hear you knew my father."

"Yes, yes I did. He was a very good customer. He bought you and your mother several pieces over the years."

"Really?" She asked and looked at Sergei.

"Yours are all in your in room safe waiting for you Rose."

"Thank you, Sergei. Later I want to take a look so I can pick out something to wear to the wedding."

"I'll show you whenever you are ready. I'm going to the tailors." With that he too walked away.

"Please, let's sit down." Roza said.

We all sat on the sofa and Mr. Hamden pulled out fifteen trays of wedding bands. Some plain, some excessively extravagant, we had looked through four trays when I saw what I thought would be perfect but I wanted to see if Roza would pick out the same ones.

She gasped, "oh Mitya look at these, they are beautiful." 

My woman will never cease to amaze me, she had zeroed in on the exact ones I saw. They were triple rings, like customary Russian wedding rings, but the center ring had a slight dome at the center with a cross of diamonds on top. Down one side was a wave of sapphires, down the other was a wave of emeralds the sides of the band had laurel leaves carved into it. One of the other bands had fleur de lei all the way around with laurel leaves between each one and on the third there was a small red teardrop shaped diamond in the center, all of them were twenty-four cart gold. Now, I just had to pray they fit.

"Do you mind if we see if they fit?" I asked him.

"No, no of course not please feel free."

We did and thankfully they both fit perfectly. "Mitya do you like these?" Roza asked me, and I could tell that she loved them and wanted them very badly.

"Yes baby, I saw them before you did I was just hoping you'd love them as much as I did." She squealed and jumped into my lap hugging onto me for dear life. I couldn't help but laugh, God I love her. After she sat back down I commented, "I just can't get over how much they match your engagement ring. It is well over a hundred years old but they look like they were made for each other."

"These rings are also that old, my great grandfather found them at an estate auction. He showed them to me when I was very young and said that they would one day belong to the greatest king and queen our world would ever see." Now I was really shocked. "May I see your engagement ring dear?" Rose offered him her hand so he could look at it. "Oh my they do look exactly alike, I wonder... where did you get this ring Dimitri?"

"It belonged to my great, great, great, great, great grandmother. It has been passed down to the men in the family since then. It is said that during a war that the matching wedding rings were stolen never to be seen again."

"Well it certainly looks like they are together again. I never take these rings anywhere; they are always locked in the safe. I don't know what made me bring them tonight. But as I was getting in my car this feeling over took me like my life depended on bring them."

"That is odd. Also the story about them belonging to a queen and king is also true. Roza is the next queen, her coronation will be sometime within the next few weeks."