Chapter 27

"Hans, please escort these people to the most disgusting cells that we have. They are not to be treated as royals anymore because they are stripped of their titles. As well as their money, property, and all their possessions. I want them all questioned. All of their belongings except for one home will be sold, all of their personal finances will be confiscated by the crown. That money will be used to help the victims of these atrocious crimes."

Taking a breath I tried to calm myself. Getting upset would not help my children.

"After they are questioned the ones that do not reveal all of their dealing with Randall Ivaskov and the location of the people they bought and or sold. Will receive the same treatment as Jesse and Ralph. I can only do a few a day so it may take a couple of weeks or longer to go through them all. After that is done they will all hang. Slavery is an abominable crime therefore it deserves an abominable punishment. I have lists from Randall Ivaskov listing everyone that he has ever done business of any kind with. And it would be in your best interest to come forward than for me to have to send for you. The punishment depends on the crime. And there is no need to hide because we will know where you are. If you run you will receive the afore mentioned punishment."

"Now that we've dealt with that. Are there any more questions?" Dimitri asked.

A little moroi boy about eight years old walked up to the mic. "If you are vampires does that mean you will feed from the moroi like the strigoi do?"

Dimitri and I laughed, "no little man. My wife and I feed only from each other. What is your name?"

"Markham Conta but you can call me Mark."

"Well thank you Mark. But you don't have to worry about our having to feed. It puts no one in jeopardy."

"Ok." Markham shrugged and returned to his seat.

From there the questions went on for over two hours until a dhampir woman walked up to the mic.

"How do your unborn children have that much power?"

"Frankly, we didn't know they did. After Ivan did that our daughter told me that he was the one who did it. Until she spoke up I thought it was my husband."

"How did she tell you?"

"Dimitri and I have a bond we can talk to each other with our minds. Just like I can with Princess Dragomir. But I... we did not know that I could do the same with our children until Sabina spoke to me. I thought we could only communicate with our emotions. I mean I knew that I could obviously talk to them what I did not know is that they could talk back to me."

Another forty-five minutes of questions passed until the questions ended. Which I was glad of because I was getting exhausted.

"My wife and I would like to thank each and every one of you for coming out tonight. We hope that you have a good night's rest. Goodnight."

(RPOV)

Over the next week, Dimitri and I were both very busy. With getting ready for the coronation as well as the following banquet and ball. And we were also getting ready to rule our world.

Dimitri and I had sent a special invitation to Jill and Emily Mastrano. Inviting them to the coronation, banquet, and ball. I slipped a note inside the invitation asking them to come a few days early. So Dimitri and I could spend some time with Jill. I also wrote that I would send some guardians and a jet to pick them up.

Jill called a few days later telling me how excited she was and that she was so proud to be my friend.

It was decided that Dimitri and I would be crowned together instead of first me then him. But to do this there needed to be two people to crown us at the same time.