Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Roza and I had gotten so busy with running our world that we didn't even notice that her due date was at hand. At least until it was too late.

"Dimitri!!!" My wife's screams woke me.

"Roza, honey what is it?"

"It's time. I'm in labor and my water just broke."

I jumped out of bed thankfully we had actually worn pajama's that night. Which was unusual for us.

Before I could say or do anything our bedroom door burst open. Four guardians stood there ready for a fight.

"What's wrong your majesties?"

"She's in labor Cody. Please, someone call the hospital and let them know that we are on our way. And somebody please grab her bag." I said as I lifted my wife into my arms and ran out the door. I ran like the devil himself was chasing me all the way to the hospital.

Seventeen hours and fifty-seven minutes after we arrived at the hospital our son Ivan was born. Another half an hour later our daughter Sabina was brought kicking and screaming into this world. She was a stark opposite to her brother because he had only cried quietly when he was born.

When Ivan was born he looked just like me except that he had his mother and grandfather's hair. The Mazur hair as they called it.

And our little princess who was just as precious as her mother looked like the perfect cross between Roza and I. Our little princess also had the famous Mazur hair. Which I was fine with since I loved my Roza's hair so much.

But both of our beautiful children much to Roza's delight had my eyes.

The day after our little prince and princess were born. Thousands of flowers, balloons, fruit baskets, teddy bears and other gifts began to arrive at the hospital.

By the time the children were a month old almost everyone at court dhampir and moroi alike were enamored with them.

The children were three months old when mine and Roza's anniversary and public wedding day arrived.

Roza and I had picked out everything then we gave our decisions to Lissa, Mia, Tatiana, Sonya Tanner and my family. And let them do everything else. While we ran our world and raised our children.

It turned out to be a beautiful and captivating wedding. Our people were all invited and as many of them that could made the journey to court. But for those that couldn't we had the wedding and reception televised on the moroi/dhampir news channel.

We received millions of gifts, cards and well wishes for a long and loving life together. Which we were determined to have no matter what happened.

When the kids were three years old we found out that Roza was pregnant again. This time with a set of quads two girls and two boys.

Which meant that we would have our six planned for children in just four years.

We discussed it and decided that we wanted as many children as God would bless us with.

Within ten years we were blessed enough to have over thirty thousand returned. So just like Roza and I had planned we created a returned council.

Some of the royals still weren't happy about the dhampir and non-royals receiving equal rights. But thankfully that number had lowered from thirty percent to just two percent. The Zeklos clan still being the stalwarts of the ways things had changed.

We hoped that over time everyone would be happy with our decisions and the future we were working for. Not only for our children but for theirs as well.

                                                                                         THE END