I don't need your help.

Veronica

"That's amazing. Who is she? Is she from college? Where did you meet her? I want to know everything." I squealed in excitement like a three year old.

"Calm down. I'll tell you everything. Sit." I sat down patiently waiting for him to answer my questions.

"Her name is Betty. I met her at a party last week. She is an amazing girl. I mean she is not like other girls. She looked incredibly hot that day but I don't think she put any make up that day. She talks about video games and travelling like its her passion. I like her Veronica. I like her so much."

He talked about her with so much admiration that I wanted to meet this girl. Sam really liked this girl. He never usually talks about girls or for that matter he doesn't even talk to girls.

"Is she from our college?" I asked hoping that maybe I could meet her then.

"No, she is not. I don't know her college but yeah she works at a cafe nearby." He said and my mind suddenly went back to the Betty I met for my job interview. Is it possible? Can it be her?

"Does this Betty of yours have like golden locks is extremely petite but cute. She wears spectacles an has a tattoo on her neck?" That's the least I had noticed Betty and I am glad that I remembered.

"Yes. How do you know her?" He was really shocked that I actually knew her keeping in mind the fact that I just arrived here.

"She is the girl who will be working with me at the cafe. I told you about the girl who helped me get a job. That's her." He looked so happy when I mentioned that I know her.

"That is so great. Just talk to her about me. Tell her how good I am. You know like help me out. I really like her Veronica. Please. I am glad you know her. Just help me, okay?"

"Relax! She seemed like a very sweet girl and I am sure she will like you too. I am going to join work tomorrow. Let me see if I can talk to her." He nodded his head in excitement and I could see the passion in his eyes. He was very smitten with Betty. I have got to know Betty more.

"Now that we are done. Can you please go and apologise to Ayan? What you did was extremely rude."

All this while, Ayan never left my mind. I know how short tempered he could be and this would have really pissed him off. I didn't want to create a rift between two friends.

"Do I really have to do it?"

"Yes. He is your best friend and you can't behave like that with him." I scolded him like he was my student and he couldn't help but laugh.

"No wonder he likes you so much." At first I really thought I heard wrong so I looked at him with a shocked expression.

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing." He said and started walking ahead.

"I do too." I almost said to myself and then I realised what I just did.

"I heard you." He said and walked towards the cafeteria. Great Veronica. You had to be so loud.

Ayan Brooke.

She left with Sam. Really? She left with Sam. Did she see that I said a no? Oh god! This is so frustrating. Shut up Ayan. You don't care. Let her leave with whoever she wants to leave.