Something just like this

Play the sound in the background. Enjoy reading.

Veronica

We were strolling on the horses under the moonlight. This seemed like a fairytale. A perfect night with crystal clear water and a shining moon. I could smell something delicious being cooked nearby.

"Ayan is there some restaurant around?" I asked him trying to get him out of his zone. This night all he has been doing is zoning out. I dont know whats keeping his mind so occupied.

"Not really. Even if there was one it would have been shut by now is 2 AM, Veronica."

Of course! I knew it is two at night but I am so sure there is food being cooked around something like a barbecue.

"I am so sure there is food being cooked here so now, shut your mouth and follow me." I tried to go ahead in the direction I could smell food.

"You're sniffing? What are you a dog?" He said and started laughing loudly.

"You're lucky that we are on a horse or I would have come over there and kicked your ass for calling me a dog." I said and he laughed even harder on my comment. I chose to ignore him and started moving ahead. I knew he would follow me. He would never leave me alone on a lonely night.

"Ayan look over there. There are people. See they have food." I said pointing far away to a group of people. They looked like they were having a barbecue and I love barbecue parties.

"You want to go there? I mean we don't even know those people."

"Come fast." I said moving my horse a little faster. I heard him calling me to wait but me being me, I didn't listen to him.

Finally we reached the group of people and they were indeed having a party. There was a bonfire set up and some people were surrounding it while some people were near the barbecue roasting items they wanted to eat.

"Hey guys. I am Veronica and this is Ayan." I said pointing towards Ayan who was too far.

"Can we join you guys? I am hungry and this tasty barbecue makes me more hungry." I said pointing towards the barbecue and these guys simply laughed.

"Sure anything for a beautiful girl." A blond guy came upto me trying to get me off the horse.

Honestly, he was really cute. If Nicole was here she would be crushing on him already.

"I think I can do that." Ayan said practically slapping his hand from me. Wasn't he too far? How did he manage to ride so quick? He carefully lifted my leg and carried me down the horse.

His hand was on my waist and the other hand was supporting me. It was like he was carrying me bridal style and I couldn't believe the effect it had on my body.

"At what speed did you make the poor horse run? You are practically sweating."

"That guy was going to touch you. I had to be there." I rolled my eyes at his possessiveness. He was just too much sometimes. I wondered sometimes why he was so possessive about me.

"Come on you guys, come and join us." A girl yelled from the bonfire. I happily nodded grabbed Ayan towards the bon fire. I could hear his protests but he should know what its like to go around grabbing people.

We sat near the bon fire and thats when I realised it was very cold. There were many people surrounding the bon fire and a guy was sitting in the middle playing the guitar.

"Isn't this beautiful?" I asked Ayan who was standing beside me busy examining people. I pulled him down and made him sit beside me.

"You really think we should be sitting here? It seems a little awkward. We don't even know these people." He was looking everywhere but me.