You're the best thing that happened to me

Veronica

"Your father is recovering. He will be awake soon."

"Really? How long before he wakes up? I want to talk to him." Ayan said to the doctor.

His face lit up when he heard the doctor say that his father would be okay. Although he failed to express it I knew that he loved his father. The little boy inside him always craved for that warmth from his father. Now when he was finally going to have it, he couldn't wait.

I could see the excitement on his face like he was waiting to go and hug his father. He was jumping a little on his toes and fidgeting with his hands. He was nervous and excited.

Who knew I would get to see the bad boy nervous?

"In sometime, you can go to his room and wait there." The doctor said and before the doctor could complete his sentence, Ayan was already walking towards the room.

I laughed at the doctor's confused reaction and he left shaking his head. I stood there not sure about what to do. Should I accompany him? Or should I just stand here?

He was talking to his father after ages and maybe he needed some alone time with him.

Will he be angry if I didn't come? I was extremely confused.

A part of me wanted to accompany him and the other part of me was very scared to see a hospital room again. It would bring back memories of my father and this was not the time to go weak.

"Cookie? What are you doing there? Come on. Let's meet my father." I heard Ayan say from a distance. He looked very impatient to meet his father and I didn't want to waste time arguing about this so I just followed him.

His footsteps were getting faster and it was getting difficult to cope up with his speed.

"Faster."

I swear if this was not a hospital I was going to punch him on his face. He was practically running and a poor girl over here was trying to cope up with him in heels. He stopped at a door and I knew this is it.

"I can't do this. I have been rude to him my entire life and now when I have to talk to him I can't think of the things I have to apologize for." He was looking at the door and his face was frightened.

Sometime ago he was running like a seven year old excited to see his father and now he stood here so frightened. I held his hand tightly. I was really upset about him saying I love you to some girl on the phone but right now he needed a friend and I was going to be there like I promised.

"You just have to be there for him Ayan. I don't think he needs apologies right now. He just needs his son. Its a difficult time for him. He has been fighting for his life over here. All he needs is you."

He looked at me for a minute and then he smiled. I didn't know what that smile was for. Sometimes I really want to get inside his head and read his mind. I want to read those many thoughts which do not reach his lips.

He took a deep breath and then opened the door still not leaving my hand. The hospital room was nothing like the one I had seen before. It was more like a royal suite. It had everything a man needed. In fact more than everything a man needed.

There was a huge plasma television and a mini refrigerator. There were fruits on the table and flowers lying beside the bed. It even had a washroom attached and it was bigger than my entire room.

When I was done admiring the beauty of the room I had a glance at the bed. His father was still unconscious and Ayan had taken a seat next to him. Ayan looked just like his father. For his age, Ayan's father was quite fit and I get where Ayan gets his fitness from.