I got pregnant

Veronica

Everything Sam said after that was a blur. I don't remember a single word he or Lucas said. My head was too occupied at what I had just heard. I slammed my game shut and walked towards the exit.

"Veronica wait!" I heard Lucas yell behind me but I couldn't stand a minute there knowing he was in hospital.

So many thoughts running in my head and all of them were negative. If something happened to him I would lose it. The only thought that had my mind was to reach him as soon as possible.

"Veronica, what happened?" Lucas asked as he followed me outside the gaming zone.

"Ayan....hospital...have to...hospital." I couldn't say a word any further. Tears started flowing down my eyes. It was difficult for me to even

After so long I had someone for me and now when even the thought of something happening to him, I started shivering.

"I can't understand a word V. Here is your phone, you dropped it there. Tell me what happened?" Lucas said and engulfed me in a hug.

At that time, I didn't realise I was hugging him. He hugged him back and started crying. It was a very tough time and I didn't mind finding some comfort.

"Ayan is in the hospital. He met with an accident. I want to go to him Lucas. I can't lose him like that. There are so many things that are left to say to him. I can't lose him Luke, I can't lose him."

"Let me take you to the hospital. You aren't in a state to drive. Give me the keys."

I handed him the keys without arguing. I just wanted to get to Ayan as fast as possible. We sat in and Lucas started driving.

"After years I have heard you call me Luke. It feels good."

I shot him the worst look. This wasn't the time to recall the past and Lucas had been doing it all the time since he arrived. We reached the hospital and I rushed inside.

"I am looking for Ayan Brooke." I said at the reception. She looked at me because I had gotten pass the line but I didn't care right now. She was about to say a word but I shot her a look and she knew it wasn't the correct time to mess with me.

"Veronica." Sam yelled from across the hall and I ran towards him.

"Where is he? Ayan. Where is Ayan?"

I could barely breathe from all the running and the yelling. He didn't say a word but just started walking away. I took the cue and followed him. We stopped outside a room and I knew this was it.

Wasting no time at all I flung the door open and there he was. He had all those different machines connected to him. My heart clinged at watching him in that state.

"Ayan! Ayan! What happened to you?" I said and took a seat next to him. All I wanted was for him to get better.

"The doctor says he is critical. I am really worried Ver." Sam said and he looked really upset. It was strange how he could remain so calm during this. My heart was beating at the fastest as it could.

"What do you mean he is critical? He is going to make it, right?"

I asked and I was terrified at knowing the answer. My heart dreaded when Sam didn't give an answer. I knew what his silence meant.

"Sam, can you give me sometime alone with him?"

"Sure but I don't think he can hear you V." He said and I nodded my head. He knew very well what that meant. I just wanted to talk to him alone. I knew he would listen. He always does.