Thats my girl.

Ayan

"I don't want to lose him Cookie. I just can't afford to lose him." I said as I sat down on the hospital floor.

She held me tightly maybe afraid of the fact that I would break down. Well, she was right. My world came collapsing down when I heard the doctor say that he is critical.

All my life I have told myself to hate the man. I blamed him for all my miseries, I blamed him for everything bad that happened to me, unaware of the fact that all his life he tried being there for me.

We realize how much we love someone when we see him going away. When I was a kid, I missed him so much. Each time I thought about talking to him there was a conflict between my heart and mind.

Alas! the mind has to win. The mind always has to win.

Each time we have to choose between the heart and the mind, we always want to chose the heart but the fear of getting hurt destroys the want.

We are so afraid to get hurt that we sometimes forget where our happiness lies.

"Nothing is going to happen Ayan. I know it. He is going to be back all fit and fine and then you can apologize to him as much as you want." She said as she held me tighter.

I looked at her and that was when I realized that my head was on her lap and I held her on tightly by the waist. At first I wondered if she has a problem with this position but instead she was playing with my hair.

Her mere touch gave me peace and when she said that everything was going to be okay, it gave me relief.

"What if I lose him today? I will never get a chance to tell him that I am sorry. I can never tell him how much I love him. I missed him. I have been doing that all my life. Please tell him to wake up. Please tell him." I said and held onto her body like a child wraps himself around his mother.

Even if she pushed back right now I would go there and hug her again. Call me stubborn or selfish but right now she was all the comfort I needed.

Deep down I knew she wasn't going push me, instead she made her firm on me tighter. I looked at her and she had that soothing affect on me.

It was like the satisfaction you get when you get when you dog comes running to you after a long day or when you go back  home after a long time and mom is cooking your favorite food.

She looks at me like she knows that her being there for me is her power. She knew she was going to get me through it. I understood her words that were not even spoken.

"Shush. What is with all the negativity? Now, you're going to stop crying and sit here like a grown up. You have to make yourself calm down. You are his only support right now. It wont help if you went weak." She said and in a moment I got up and wept my tears.

She laughed at my quick reactions and then shook her head mumbling something to herself. She does that a lot. I wonder how much runs through that tiny head of hers. I hope I am a part of it too.

What if she was actually thinking about how weak I am? Which self respecting  guy cries? I didn't want this to happen. I wanted her to think of me as a strong guy who would be there to protect her all the time. She has to have good thoughts about me.

Horny ones?

Sure, but only those.

Lost in my own world I looked around to see that she was nowhere around. My heart skipped a beat although I knew she hadn't gone far but still her being alone in an unknown place scares me.

I looked around to find her and saw her walking towards the staircase. I sighed in relief and my feet found their way towards her.

"Cookie." I screamed towards her and the people sitting there gave me a strange look. She turned around and her expression quickly change into a discomforting one when she found people staring at her.