I am glad she is in my bestfriends life.

Ayan Brooke.

Oh shit. What the fuck have I done? How could I be such an idiot? I should have spoken to her, asked her, but I just snapped at her without any reason. All she did was think about what I would feel bad about. I need to make things right before its too late.

I didn't even pick her up  when she fell. She cried and asked for my help but I just could not put my ego aside and pick her up.

You're an idiot Ayan! That one girl that you genuinely like, you screw up things badly with her. Did I just say I like her? I was doing it only for the bet, was I not? It was not time to think about all this, I really had to find her and make things right with her.

I went around the college campus to search for her. I asked everybody I knew wishing that I could just talk to her once. I was feeling miserable and then I spotted Sam. I thought about clearing stuff with him too. No matter what he was my childhood friend. We have had our ups and downs

"Hey Sam, do you know where Veronica is?" I asked trying to sound as polite as possible. I should really be ready for his outburst and I truly deserve this.

"Really Ayan? How could you even think of me in that way? You know I would never do that to you." Sam said disappointed. I was a jerk, not only did I not trust Veronica but I doubted my best friend. We had been friends since years. Although he was a player he would never do anything on purpose that would hurt me.

"I am really sorry bro its just that-" He cut me off.

"You were what Ayan? You were too driven with jealousy or is it that your big fat ego could not see the girl you like go to your loser best friend. Ayan she really cares for you. Every time we are together she keeps talking about you of how much she admires you how she loves spending time with you or how she gets irritated when you skip lunch and how cute you look when you sleep in class. All I have ever heard about is you. What did you do? First you disrespect her feelings and then you don't even give her a hand when she was hurt." Sam was scolding me like I was a 5 year old kid. He was totally correct and that is why I did not say a word back to him. Oh My God! What have I done?

"You really like her right? Are you getting close to her because of Daniel's stupid bet?" He asked me and now I was feeling conscious. Sometime back I was convincing myself that I do not like her and now I have to answer Sam.

"Even if you say it is because of the bet, I will not believe you. I have never seen you go crazy or possessive for any girl. I have never seen you wanting to spend time with any girl. I see you doing all that for her. So even if you tell me it is for the bet I am not going to believe you." Sam told me when I had not answered his question.

Did I really like her? Yes you idiot. You like her. I like to spend time with her, I cannot bear the thought of any other man, she makes me laugh and happy.

Yes I do like her. I was so happy at the realisation. I wanted to scream it to the world but most importantly I wanted her to know about it.

"I really think you deserve her and if you lose her then trust me you will regret it for the rest of your life. She is an amazing girl and I am glad she is in my best friend's life. I just need him to stop being a jerk and be a man. Trust me Ayan this ego will ruin you one day it will take away her from you and you will regret it. I don't want to see that regret in your eyes. Please think about it." Sam said. He was truly my best friend. He always cared about me.

His words were registering in my head. He was right I take things on my ego quiet quickly. She was a gem and she was mine ONLY MINE. I did not want to lose her.