three;; esculation

I opened the latch of the car door and stepped out into the cruel, harsh world we now live in. With Dwight directly behind me and three more of Dad's men. I pulled out the pistol I had holstered in my waist band and stopped dead in my tracks before turning around and looking at the men behind me.

"Look." I pointed at them all. "The last time we were on a run together, you left me to deal with a dozen walkers. Do it again, and I won't hesitate to shove my knife up all of your asses. Kapeesh?"

They all looked at me with blank faces before nodding slowly. "I won't let you die, Kaylie." Dwight came closer, placing his hand on my lower back.
I took one step to the side, removing his hand and chuckled at him. "No offence Dwight... but you're a pussy."

I took the lead, walking through the grocer's entrance doors, my gun at the ready and my flashlight hanging in the other hand.
"Split up." I announced. "Dwight, you're with me. The rest.. I don't care what you do."

I walked ahead of Dwight by about a metre, walking into the coffee and tea isle.
"What is your obsession with coffee?" Dwight whispered from behind me. "And tea..."
I picked up a tin of coffee and a box of tea, shoving it into the duffle bag I had rested onto my shoulders. "Coffee and a smoke is what I live for of a morning." I chuckled. "I sleep better at night with a warm cup of tea."
"Right.." he replied, picking up a few bags of powdered milk and some other things.

I turned the corner almost too quickly, only to stumble across the ugliest walker I have seen in the entire time they've existed.

The zombie was blind. It's eyes had been gouged by it's last victim, one last desperate attempt to stay alive as it's jaws ripped out her throat. It's snake-like brown-grey intestines dragged in the dirt as it staggered toward me using only it's ears and nose for guidance. It halted and I could hear the bones in it's stiffened neck creak as it turned it's monstrous head. Then with a snapping of it's jaws it lurched in the other direction. I needed no other cue, I dived for the head of the flesh eater, plunging my knife into it's skull with a stomach curling crunch and bolted out into the open road, drinking in the cool night air as if each gulp could be my last. Then from behind me came a moan, and another to the right, the hoard was closing in.

"Shit." I mumbled looking over at Dwight. His facial expression told it all. He was scared out of his mind. I noticed tears begin to dwell into his eyes as he gripped the handle of his blade tightly. "Go." I pushed him to the car.

"What? no!" He yelled as I threw him the duffle bag full of food.
"Go now, Dwight!" I yelled as I plunged my knife into one of the walkers. "Close the windows and lock the doors! I'll be there in a minute!"

He nodded hesitantly before speeding off and jumping into the car, rolling up the windows and locking the doors like I had told him. I continued to fight off the walkers, and with every one who fell limp onto the ground, I had a small ounce of hope. I looked to my right, noticing that the men who I came here with were assisting me too.

In a split second, one of the walkers took a chunk out of the blonde haired man who appeared to be no younger the 20. His blood curdling screams attracted the attention of other zombies coming towards myself and the other 3 men. "C'mon!" I yelled running to the car Dwight was held up in. Only to arrive and find no car.

The bastard left. He left us for dead.
Anger began to boil through my blood when I noticed that there were only two walkers remaining. I ran over, kicking one in the skull. I kicked it so hard that my boot became wedged between the lining of the skull and his brain; killing the zombie instantly.
I finally pushed my blade into the final walker before standing; only to drop almost instantaneously. Excruciating pain ricochet through my right knee as I whelped in pain. 

The remainder of the men ran straight to my side, pulling me onto one foot.
"We have to get you back." one of them said as they began walking me back into the direction of camp.
"Once we do." I mumbled, ignoring the pain as well I could. "I'm going to kill that fucker, Dwight."

+++++++++++

"There we are." Doc said as he finished wrapping my knee. "It's not broken. Just very swollen."
I nodded my head thanking him before limping out the room to be stopped by my dad.
"What happened?" He asked, concern evident in his voice.
"Fucking Dwight is what happened." I mumbled as I continued to walk. I left my dad standing in the corridor without allowing him to say anything else. I just walked straight to the kitchen, pouring two cups of coffee.

I carried them through the corridor before approaching a metal door. Before I could open it, I was stopped by Dwight, slamming his hand on the door.

"What are you doing?" He snapped, standing in front of me.
I ignored him, using my shoulder to push him out of the way.
"Answer me, Kaylie." He ordered.
"No." I snapped. "Fuck you, Dwight. You left me and your so called brother's for dead! Why? Because you're too much of a fucking pussy to stay safe in a car, concealed away from the walkers!" I yelled before throwing the contents of the hot coffee in his face.

His screams of pain gave me satisfaction as I watched him run down the corridor.
I turned and finally opened the door, revealing a somehow very attractive Daryl crawled into a ball.
I bent down, handing him a coffee. "I did have two but.." I chuckled as he slowly took it from me.
"Till ye' threw it in barbie's face?" He smirked.
I laughed slightly before planting my butt onto the ground. "Yep." I said popping the P.

Daryl's eyes locked with mine before he lowered his gaze to my leg. "You're hurt." He stated.
"Nothing major." I sighed rubbing it over the bandages. "Kicked a walker in the head hard enough to pop my knee out of place." I laughed at the image.
"So tell me.." I began. Daryl's eyes shot up from the ground. "What is it about you?" 
"What do ye' mean?" He frowned in confusion. 
"I mean- what is it about you that makes you so interesting, Daryl? You're mysterious . I noticed that from the moment I saw you." 
"I ain't mysterious." He scoffed. 
"Oh please." I rolled my eyes. "You are and you can't deny it." 
His mouth twitched into a smirk and nodded his head in defeat. "I guess ye' are right." He laughed. 
"Told you." I joked. "But seriously- you have walls Daryl." 
"Yeah." He nodded. "I guess that's because of my upbringing." 
"What happened?" 
"Dad was abusive- mum passed in a house fire." He narrowed it down. "Ma' brother joined the military nd' left me with dad." 
"Your dad abused you?" I frowned. 
"Yeah." He nodded. "Whips, chains, cigarettes- you name it." 
"Wow." I widened my eyes. "That bastard better be dead." 
"He is." He chuckled. "Found him as a walker at my old place." 
"Oh." I smiled. "That's good then." 

I suddenly frowned and took a hold of my knee, rubbing it lightly as the pain began to escalate. 

Daryl took a sip from his coffee, locking eyes with me the entire time. He then placed the mug onto the cold surface before bending down until his face was a mere inches away from my knee and planting a soft kiss on top of the bandage.

I felt my ovaries flutter from his touch. It's been a long time since I've had any. Daryl was just so attractive and I couldn't contain my hunger for him any longer.
I looked at the metal door, noticing the door was infact shut before leaning forward only a mere inches from his face.
I could feel his breath on my lips, making my hunger for him even stronger.

"Is it bad that I'm attracted to my father's prisoner?" I whispered, biting my lip.
Daryl's eyes flickered from my lips to my eyes, before shaking his head no.
"Is it bad that I'm attracted to my capture's daughter?" He smirked, looking back down at my lips.

"A little bit." I whispered jokingly. 
"Hmm." He growled. "I don't care."

Almost instantly, his lips were on mine with force yet such passion. I pressed my lips further onto his as our lips moved in synch with one and another. I brought my hands up to his hair, tugging on it slightly as his hands reached down onto my thighs, bringing me onto his lap.

Our tongues fought for dominance while I wrapped my legs around his waist, straddling him.
Pulling on his hair once again with a little more force, I heard as desperate growl from him which turned me on even more.

A large yell from out in the corridor snapped us apart and I rose to my feet as quickly as I could.
"I'll be back later." I whispered to him before sprinting out into the corridor and into my bedroom.

I sat on the foot of my bed, my head in my hands as I chewed my bottom lip on what had just happened.

Told you things would escalate quickly! -Ash