thirty three: don't leave me

"You're lucky I haven't killed you yet." I growled at the woman in front of me. Rosita was now frail and malnourished. 7 months of solitary confinement and limited from food. Months ago I would have felt remorse for the woman, but now- now that I had grown a close relationship with Sasha, I wanted to kill the bitch by my own two hands.

"You can't." She bitterly laughed. "You're almost on your third trimester, so I hear. So it looks like I'll be breathing for a while."
"Is that what you think?" I raised my eyebrow at her.
"It's what I know. Rick doesn't want to turn into that man again, and no one else has the balls to do it. That leaves you, my dear Kaylie." Her face turned into a scowl. "The moment that child comes out of you, you'll be a different woman. You won't want to kill, and you won't want to leave that child's side. So from where I'm sitting, I'm going to survive."

I smirked as I walked closer to her, kneeling down in front of her. She shifted her weight, eyeing me down with fear in her eyes. "Here's the thing, Rosita." I spat. "Half of that may be true, I won't want to leave that child's side as long as I live but the part of killing you? Honey... you're a danger to my child and a danger to my family. This world changes you and in my eyes it isn't murder, I'm not going to go to prison. So I'll gladly kill you with my own two hands. I'll wrap my hands around your throat until you can no longer breath. I'll poke tiny ass holes in your body as you scream for mercy. Want to know what I'll do after that?" I smirked. "I'm going to put a bullet in your skull and I'll enjoy every waking moment of it as I watch you fall to the ground and bleed. We won't bury you, Rosita. We will throw you over the walls and watch as the walkers feed on you."

"You're deluded." She spat.
"No." I shook my head. "I'm a survivor."

I sent her a smirk before walking out, happy with myself

I sent her a smirk before walking out, happy with myself. Although what I had said was completely deluded and twisted, I meant every word- regardless of whether I'd follow through with it or not. The sunlight shocked my eyes as I stepped out into the streets of Alexandria. I wasn't alone for long however, dad approached me with a grin on his face.

"My sweet daughter, how are you feeling?" He smiled. My dad had been extremely over protective and caring for the past few months due to this pregnancy. He had been treating me like a delicate child and to be quite honest I wasn't complaining. Daryl had been out on runs very frequently and to his excuse it was because 'once our child comes along, he's going to want to stay with us as much as he can.'

"I'm fine." I smiled at him as he pressed a light kiss onto my temple. "Pregnant, hungry and stressed but I'm fine."
"Ah, there's the proper explanation of a women's 'fine'." He laughed.
"Shut up." I joked. "Where's my husband?" I frowned as I scanned the neighbourhood.
"He's preparing for another run with Rick."

My stomach dropped. Again? He had only returned from a previous run only a few days ago.
"You're leaving again?" I frowned as I approached my husband.
"Yeah." He sighed, closing the van doors. "Runnin' out of food, water.."
"I get that." I nodded. "But you only got back a few days ago."
"Kay..." he sighed.
"I'm on the brim of pushing this child out of me, Dare. I need you around, I-- Please don't leave me."

Almost instantly his arms wrapped around mine, pulling me into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms back around him, savouring the moment.
"I'll be back, Kay. I promise." He whispered into my ear. "A week tops."
"I don't know if I have a week." I chuckled, placing my hand on my stomach.
"You ain't gon' fall into labor until I'm back, Ye' hear?" He pressed his lips onto mine.
"And if I do?" I pushed. "I'll just suck em' back up." I laughed alongside Daryl.

He pressed his lips onto mine before jumping into the van. "I love you." I shouted before he shut his door.
"I love ye'" he smiled before shutting the door and soon driving off.