nineteen:: welcome back

I looked at the familiar walls, nerves beginning to grow more and more inside me. Guards who were on duty eyed me down like I was the devil himself.
"Shit." One of the guards mumbled. "You're lucky to be alive, you are."
"Aren't we all?" I shot back. "I'm here to see him..."
"Well." He scoffed. "I'm pretty darn sure he don't wanna' see you sweetheart. Now, I'm going to be a nice fella' right about now and let you go back the way you came without a single whimper from me."

This guy began to grow on my nerves more and more. I couldn't contain myself any longer, instead I grew one of my knives from my thigh and threw it at his direction. Rather then hitting him in the skull or hitting a vital organ- it did exactly what I had hoped for. It snicked the Shoulder only slightly, and pinned his shirt to the wooden wall. I marched over to him, and viciously pushed my knife onto the crook of his throat.
"I'm going to say it again." I growled in his ear. "Go. Get. Him." He nodded his head vigorously as the other guard had set their gun's sights on me.
"You heard the woman! Go get him!!" He yelled while my knife was still pressed against his throat. The other guard scurried off like a herd of lost puppies.

After a few moments of waiting, I released the smart ass of a guard from the knife and backed away slowly. I walked back until I reached a lamp post, leaning on it while I waited for the man himself.

Surely enough, moments past and the man I cringed to see walk out the gate. He carried his beloved Lucille over the crook of his shoulder and his usual attire minus the jacket. "Now what the hell was so important that...-" he didn't get to finish his sentence because he had finally spotted me. His eyes widened, and for a split second- I saw happiness but that was quickly replaced with anger.
"Holy pot of coffee! Lookee here lads! It's my darling daughter." He approached me with a smirk on his face. "What do I owe you the pleasure of your visit, sweetheart."
"We need to talk." I replied bluntly.
"Damn right we do." He chuckled. "You kill my men, take my wife and Dwight, and release a prisoner of mine. You're right, darlin' we DO need to talk."

We sat in my dad's room. Moments past and it was complete silence- just cold, hard stares the entire time. Finally I decided to break the tension.
"I wouldn't have come back if it were serious.."

His evil laughter erupted throughout the bedroom. "Oh! You want a favour? Sorry sweetheart but you're going to have to do more then that! If it were anyone else who had pulled the shit that you did, I'd order my men to kill them right as you approached the gates. Now, you're my daughter so I can't really do that can I?"

I took a deep breath in and out- looking at my father who I adored deep down. I had to tell him the truth, it was the only way to gain his assistance.
"Okay.." I sighed. "You really want to know?"
"I REALLY want to know Kaylie. Cut the bullshit and fucking tell me why you disobeyed me and sided with the Enemy."
"I love him, Dad!" I shouted, standing up on two feet and looking him directly in the eyes. Dad had a look of complete disbelief, like he had just seen a ghost. Through the entire time the world had ended- he had never had this look on his face.
"I grew to love the man you kept captive here. Now I don't know about you, but I assume you would have done the same for mum."
"Don't bring her into this, Kaylie." He growled as he stood on two feet. "You're telling me..." he chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. "That the hick of a redneck that was held here, is who you wanna' be with?"
"Yeah." I harshly agreed.
"Well alright then!" He board. "Because I'm soo happy for you Kaylie. We'll organise a wedding, maybe I'll be a grandfather one day.. fuck no! I didn't raise you to be interested in a hillbilly redneck looking shit!" His arms waving around like a lunatic, and anger raging through both our veins. "Aside from that, you disobeyed me and sides with the Enemy. Rick? Why?"

I truely didn't know the answer to that. Remorse maybe? I didn't know. So I just shrugged my shoulders in response to his question.
"For the redneck?" He scoffed. "Alrighty then."

Dad began raving on about how he's going to kill them all, that he doesn't care for anyone and that I'm lucky that he still cares for me.
"Do you know how worried I was?!" He yelled. "I didn't give a fuck that Dwight, Daryl and Sherry escaped. I only cared because I thought they killed you!"

I couldn't take it anymore. The main reason I came here was to ask for my own fathers' help. That's what I intended to do.
"He's back." I snapped.
"What?"
"King Azikio." I sighed. I watched as my dad's face began to grow pale, and Lucille made its way to the ground.
"He's what?" Dad asked.
"He attacked the school that the group and I have been hiding out in. His damned tiger tore one of my friends apart. I need your help, Dad." I cried, without tears. "I'm sorry that I disobeyed you but I'm not sorry that I fell in love. I need your help daddy! Rick and his men are NOT the bad guys. Azikio and his men are."

I watched as dad paced around the room. Obviously contemplating on what to do. I was nervous. Was he going to turn me down, allow his daughter to die? Or was he going to help?

"These men are part of the reason that my sweet Lucy is dead. They attacked me, they killed your mother and damn well nearly killed you. I forgive you, Kaylie. And I'll forgive Daryl, Dwight, the lot. Just let me do the mother fucking honours of killing the fucker with the tiger."

"Dad..." I sighed. "You have to apologise to them."
"What?" He laughed. "What for?"
"What do you think?!" I snapped. "You killed their family. Maggie and Rick- you apologise to them. And mean it. No sarcasm, no fucking explaining why you did it. Daryl? You damn well better apologise to him."

"Fine." He agreed. "But you... promise me that you will never scare me the way you did before."
"Promise." I nodded.
Dad finally relaxed and placed a genuine smile on his face before engulfing me into a bone crushing hug.

Rick and the others have to understand that this is the only way. Dad's men would gather all able bodies from hilltop, and men from the sanctuary. Azikio's men are going to wish they never messed with my family. Both of my families.

This meant war.