twenty nine: big macs and blood

The morning came sooner then I would have liked it to. I was enjoying the fact of Daryl and I laying in each other's arms, thriving on one and another's company. That's what gave me strength and the ability to move- it was him. It had been Daryl to feed me my strength for the longest of time. I admired him immensely, like he was the only man on this planet- and although he was close to being the last one, I know that even if nothing had happened, and the world still carried on, we would have found each other some way. Daryl's sudden movements broke me out of my groove I had going on in the bed. I was on my side, my head resting on Daryl's chest and my legs engulfed in his. "Why do we have to get up?" I groaned, pouting my lips like a child. 
Daryl turned and looked at me before letting out a light chuckle at my childishness. 
"You don't if ye' don't want to." He shrugged, leaning in and lightly pecking my lips with his."I however, have got to help Rick, build this place up again. Find some more survivors." 

"I don't like the idea of strangers waltzing around this place." I groaned, scratching my head as I rose out of bed. During the night, I decided to throw on a shirt of Daryl's. It was a cold night and although Daryl's arms provided heat, it wasn't enough. I pulled the shirt over my head, leaving me in nothing but my underwear. Daryl's head snapped to my direction, a smirk forming on his lips as his eyes traveled up and down my body. 
"Forgot how much of a sexy body ye' have." He growled as he made his way over to me. 
"Easy tiger." I lightly, and jokingly pushed his chest. "Don't go making no moves. I may need a few hours rest before we go again." 
"Pussy." His eyebrows raised jokingly. 
"Besides." I shrugged. "I'm not going to have this body much longer." I rubbed the bottom of my stomach. "Baby Dixon's going to stretch me in all different ways." 
"Doesn't matter." He smiled as he groped my hips and rested his forehead against mine. "You'll always be beautiful to me." 

A wide smile spread against my face. My heart always melted when he called me that. "Stop being a mush and get ready. Rick needs you." 
He laughed lightly and turned back to his pile of clothes. He ripped off his shirt over his neck and threw it into the opposite pile. I frowned at the site of the jagged scars that forever rested on his back. "Don't look at them." He stated, like he had eyes in the back of his head. "I've gotta' live with em' and I hate it." 

"I'm not looking at them to pity you, Daryl." He turned around to face me. "I look at them in admiration. You've got scars, yes. Everyone does whether they're physically or mentally. Me? I've got scars from walkers tripping me, people trying to kill me. But you? You've got scars of strength. You lived that hell, and you beat it. You're alive today because of that strength and your strength is what makes me admire you more then I already did." 

Daryl was silent for a few moments. His head hung low before he rose it to pull a shirt over his head and made his way back over to me before pressing his lips onto mine once again. "I've told ye' that I love you, yeah?" He whispered huskily. 
"On more then countless occasions, Daryl." I smiled. "I love you too. Now go!" I laughed as I watched him walk out the door. I heard the door shut when I realized I was still near naked. I laughed to myself before walking to the pile of clothes. I pulled a pair of black, denim jeans up my legs, and buttoned them at the top. I finally clipped on a bra after 3 whole weeks of going commando, it felt weird to say the least. I then threw on a black, shoe-lace tank top over my chest and tied up my favorite combat boots before pulling my hair in a low ponytail and placing an army green baseball cap on, lastly, I pulled the ponytail through the hole. I made my way down the stairs and out the front door after grabbing a bottle of water and preparing myself for the blazing sun rays. 

"Kaylie!" My dad's deep voice echoed from across the street. He made his way over to me and kissed me lightly on the forehead. 
"Dad." I greeted with a smile. "Has Daryl and Rick already left?" 
"About 5 minutes ago." He nodded. "I see you have the same pregnancy effect as your mother did." 
"What do you mean?" I frowned. 
"Your mother was asleep for a large majority of her pregnancy. The only reason she would get up was if she had to piss, eat or if I was at work- she'd go to Mcdonalds." He chuckled. 
"Ughhh." I moaned. "Mcdonalds..." I could feel the drool build up in my mouth. Oh how I would have loved to gnaw on a freshly cooked Big Mac burger with a large fries, extra pickles and a frozen coke. 

Dad was laughing at this point when a high pitched scream erupted from outside of the walls. Dad and I exchanged looks before we both pulled out our guns and ordered the men to open the gate. When we stepped outside, what was infront of us had shocked us both. Sasha stood there getting her flesh opened by 3 hungry walkers. To her right stood Rosita with a devilish scowl encrypted on her face. Suddenly, I was pushed forward into the walkers. I instantly shot the closest one in the skull. Then, without any hesitation Dad and I sprung into action. It was like a sixth sense because Dad took care of the walkers and I sprinted in the direction of Rosita. Before she could get a step in the opposite direction, I had already spear tackled her into the pavement. I landed on my side and she landed on her back with a groan. I quickly retained myself, and grabbed Rosita by her throat, pulling her back to Alexandria. 
"Take her." I threw Rosita to my father and when he violently grabbed and tackled her to the ground, I rushed to Sasha's side. 
"Where?" I rushed. 
"My arm." she pointed to her forearm. 
"That it? No other bites." 
"No!" She shook her head. 

I looked at Dad who turned back to Simon. Simon turned to Michonne who was already by my side, handing me her sword. 
"Here." She turned to Sasha, giving her a shirt. "Bite this." 
Sasha shoved the shirt into her mouth as I prepared to do what I was about to do. Rosita was screaming in my father's arms. 'let her die!' 'she deserves it!'. We didn't show her any reaction as yet, because my main focus was Sasha. I lifted the kitana and within one swift movement, the blade went through her arm, completely slicing her lower arm off. There was so much blood that not even a vampire could drink it all. The blood flowed thickly over my fingers, cold not warm. Sasha's cries of agony made my determination for her survival. 
"Simon!" I screamed. He came sprinting to my side and instantly picked Sasha up in a bridal fashion. 
"Take her to the infirmary." He nodded and I turned back to Michonne. "Maggie is the only one who can help her." 
"I'll go get her." Michonne nodded and ran off. 
"I'll deal with this bitch." I growled.

I turned back around to face my dad who was still holding a resisting Rosita against his chest. She wore a devilish grin on her lips that gave me  chills. 
"What the fuck?" I approached her, gaining onto inches away from her face. "What happened?" 
"Pushed her into the walkers." She shrugged bluntly like it was nothing. 
"Oh?" I raised my eyebrows in amusement. "Why is that, Rosita?" 
"She's the reason Abe left me." She spat. "I would have done it before, but Abe stopped me and he's not here anymore."
"Abraham may not be here.. But you went to feed her to the walkers." I snapped back. "Why? because you're too much of a pussy?  You couldn't handle the blood on your hands, so you fed her to the walkers? Let me tell you something, Rosita... If she dies, her blood will still be on your hands because you're the reason she died. If that's the case, not only will her blood be on your hands- but I will proudly wear your blood on mine." I spat, glaring holes into the woman infront of me. 

"So help me god.." I growled. "You better prey that Sasha makes a miraculous recovery, Rosita." 
I looked up at my dad. "Lock her in the shed." 
He nodded his head before dragging the woman into the shed as I made my way to the infirmary. Maggie came out with blood covered in her hands as she wiped it with a towel. 
"She's stable for now." Maggie smiled. "You removed the infection just in time." 
"What're the odds of her surviving?" I pursed my lips. 
"High." She nodded. "We just need some antibiotics which Simon has gone to do." 
"Oh thank god." I mumbled as I sat on the chair beside me. 
"You okay?" Maggie asked as she kneeled infront of me.
"I need Daryl." I groaned, putting my head in my hands. I then got up and walked to mine and Daryl's house. I didn't even go inside, I just sat on the steps. 

Hours later I was still in the same spot. Sasha's dried up blood still painted on my hands and my anxiety still high at the unknowing fact of how Sasha was holding up. 
"What happened to you?" I looked up to see Rick. I stood to my feet in search of Daryl and when I noticed him coming through the gates, I sighed of relief and turned back to Rick. 
"Rosita pushed Sasha and into a small group of walkers. She got bit, then when dad and I went out there- She pushed me in too." 
"What?" Daryl's voice growled. "You hurt? the baby?" 
"No, Dare." I smiled as he relaxed and took a hold of my hand. "I'm fine and the baby is fine." 

"What happened to Sasha? Rosita?" Rick frowned, beginning to panic. 
"I managed to slice her forearm before the infection spread. Sasha is stable for now." I nodded. "Rosita... probably best if she went to Antarctica and froze to death. But she's locked in the shed." 
"Well done, Kaylie." Rick smiled. "You kept this place in check while I was gone." 
"Who else was going to do it?" I teased. "Carl? Carl was too busy sucking faces with Enid." 
Rick made a sour face before nodding his head. 
"I'll go check on Sasha. I'll fill you in later on." 

Rick walked off which left Daryl and I alone. I turned to him and smiled. 
"You sure you're okay?" He frowned. "Ye' don't usually smile like that for nothin'." 
"No." I laughed. "I'm fine, Dare.. Sasha is fine, I'm fine and the baby's fine." 
"Good." he smiled and pressed his lips onto mine. Suddenly he lifted me bridal style and walked me inside. 
"Dare.." I laughed. "What are you doing?" 
"Ye' told me a few hours." he shrugged. "It's been a few hours and ye' have blood on ye hands."