seventeen:: rage

Hello my doves. I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and are looking forward to the new year! Through the next few days I will be updating a hell of a lot. I'm talking 2-3 chapters a day. I'm not very well at the moment so the next few days will be consisting of bed, the walking dead, writing and reading on wattpad. If any of you have any walking dead related stories you would like me to check out, comment below and i promise you I will read them!

On another note: I have 2 more stories up and going on my page. One is a Rick Grimes story called 'officer friendly has my heart' and another Daryl story called 'it's always been you.' I would love love LOVE for you guys to check them out and vote!

Any who! Onto the story.
------------------------—--------------------------—----------—
Kaylie:
On any normal day, waking up would be calm and refreshing. Open my eyes, rub them with my hands to relieve the tension from my eyelids - then stretch the muscles while all noise from the outside goes mute for those few seconds. Usually waking up and wondering what the day could bring was my favourite part.
Today however, today was the complete opposite.

My eyes snapped open and I gasped for air like a vacuum cleaner while a mother cleaned the cluttered household. I hadn't had a clue where I was, then suddenly it hit me.
The pain on my right side was completely and utterly excruciating. I was laying on my back with multiple pillows scattered around my body and a big, fat gauze around my wound. My eyes began to jitter around the room I was currently in- once I realised where I was, a feeling of relief flourished through my body.
The school. We were at the school.

I began to rise to a sitting position but not without a painful yelp in pain. The pain shot through my ribs and directly up my spine. Ignoring it as well as I could, I finally reached my designated position before Maggie came running in as fast as a lightening bolt.
"Stop!" She rushed to my side. "Oh my god, you're okay!" I laughed at her- ignoring the pain once again.
"I'm okay, mags." I placed my hand on top of hers, weakly. "How long was I out?"
"Almost a week." She sighed as she handed me a bottle of water. "We've all been so anxious that you weren't going to make it. The gunshot hardly missed your major arteries, Kay. Daryl has been on edge this entire time."
"Daryl." I sighed at the thought of the man. "Where is he?" I smiled as pictures of his perfect, Georgian face flashed through my mind.
"Hunting. He should be back very soon."

I nodded my head, although I was eager to see him. I frowned at the realisation of why I was in a coma to start with- why I was in so much agony- getting shot. "Who shot me? Was it an accident?" I was curious. If someone had accidentally shot me, I could suffice to forgive them. Living throughout the zombie apocalypse you tend to live on edge. Dwight lost his wife- he could have tried to aim for a walker in rage but hit me instead- he was never good with a gun. Rick, Sasha or Doug could have also mistaken me for a walker.

"Uhh.." Maggie stuttered. "No it wasn't an accident, Kaylie. It was deliberate."
"What?" I frowned. The thought that someone from a group that I had helped with their escape could possibly thank me by attempting to kill me began to anger me.
"Who?" I growled. Maggie's eyes darted from left to right, obviously anxious about telling me.
"He's in the cell down the hall. Rick and Daryl wanted you to decide on what to do with him.." she replied.
"Maggie..." I growled once again- anger getting more and more high.
"It was Doug." She quickly blurted.

Rage. That was all I felt. It was like a vexing of the soul for what I felt was not human, it was twisted and distorted but it was something strong. It burned so bad like fire lacing my veins and creeping up my spine, my skin was a sore looking red but all I could feel was desire; desire to hate. I was intoxicated with emotion I had no intention of ever feeling, the acidity of it was residing in my stomach waiting to be spat out of my mouth in foul and vulgar words I would be stared at for saying, except I wasn't going to say them, I was going to screech them with every ounce of breath that dwelled in my lungs.

I didn't care for the pain I had felt- because I was already on my way to the cell they were holding Doug in.
I approached the solitary box he was held in. He sat on the cold, hard ground with his back up against the wall and a cruel smirk on his lips from the moment he spotted me.
"Good to see you're alive, Kaylie." His smug looking smirk made the anger flowing through my veins even more sever.
"Bullshit." I spat. I could have sworn my eyes were shooting laser beams and causing his head to explode.
"Don't be like that, Kay Bear." He chuckled coldly.
"Don't fucking call me that." I grew angrier by the minute. Before I knew it, my feet were striding toward him and my fist collided with his cheek with bone crushing force. Once, twice, three times. I didn't stop. It was like a demon had over taken my body and there was no turning back.

His cries for mercy didn't harm me one bit. I kept hitting, kicking, and screaming until forceful hands pulled me back. I kept kicking in the air while the the unknown hands pulled me back. "Stop!" I screamed as they pulled me out of the cell. "I'm going to fucking kill him!"
"Kaylie!" I recognised the voice. It was Rick. "He's unconscious!"
"I don't give a fuck!" I screamed. Rick finally let go of me, turning me around to face him. I didn't want to look at the damage I had caused onto Doug. The thought made me feel sick inside. "He deserves to die." I barely whispered.

Suddenly sobs began to escape me without any warning. Rick suddenly wrapped his arms around my shoulders and leaned me into his chest while the tears began to flow. This was the first time I had actually cried during the time the world ended. I guess everything that had happened finally began to overwhelm me.

Once my sons began to slow down i released myself from Ricks grasp and turned around to face the music that my demon inside had caused. I was barely able to recognise him. His face was bloody and beaten to a pulp. Bruises had already began to form, and so did the swelling. He laid limp against the wall, but his chest still moving as he took short breaths.

I scrunched up my nose at the thought. "Let him rot." I turned around to walk away but a certain someone's presence made me stop once again. He looked at me with those icy blue eyes I adore as they seemed to stare at me in awe. His crossbow met the ground and so did the squirrels he was holding before he made his way over to me. Almost instantly I was pulled into a hard, loving embrace. His hand met the crook of my neck- pulling me in closer to his shoulder. I finally rose my head upwards to look at him. His perfect face seemed calm but his eyes seemed overwhelmed with emotion. He brought his hand up to brush my face, like he was confused as to whether I was really there. A small smile crept onto my face as I leaned into his hand.
"You're really ere'." He stated, still in awe.
"Yeah." I nodded. "I'm really here."

A genuine smile formed onto his face before he softly but passionately kissed my chapped lips.
Later on in the night, Daryl and I were laying in my bed- completely engulfed into each other's bodies. He traced small circles over the top of the gauze that held my stitches intact. "I'm surprised your stitches didn't break while you gave to im'." He chuckled suddenly. "He's lucky I didn't have it my way."
"Why didn't you?" I asked curious. Usually Daryl would have unleashed his inter demons on the man, but this time he didn't.
"Thought ye' would wanna' deal with him when you woke up." He shrugged. "And ye' did."
"What if I didn't wake up?"
"Then I would have definitely killed him." He said, causing me to laugh. I leaned up and planted a kiss onto his lips. When I pulled away, his eyes didn't leave mine.
"What?" I questioned. "Do I have something on my face?"
"No." he chuckled.
"Then what?"
"I just..." he sighed. "I nearly lost Ye'. Don' know what I'd do if I did."
"Don't think about that." I brushed his face with my finger. "I'm here."
"I know." He smiled, placing a kiss on my temple. "I love ye'."
"I love you too."