thirteen;; unexpected apologies

"Just a little bit further!" I told Rick as he drove to the location I had told them about. "Turn left up here."

We packed up our things not long ago and instantly went back on the road. 7 cars trailed behind us and Daryl on his bike. I listened as it roared along the highway, his revs getting higher each gear he had reached. His bike wasn't running properly; it made funny noises and sounded as though it was about to blow any moment now.

Daryl refused to give it up though, It was his brothers- could you blame him?

"There it is!" I exclaimed, revealing the detention school I had previously worked at.
I was a delinquent and youth teacher. I taught those children who had broken the law and attended a juvenile detention centre. They'd travel by bus every 2 days, and spend 2 nights here- knowing that education was an important factor in life.

I stared at my old world place in awe- aside from the walkers astray in the yard, it looked completely intact.  The barbed wire and metal fences still stood- the bars on the windows and the large- unbargable double doors. It resembled a lot like a prison, and I know that Rick and his group was held up at a prison for a long while a year back so I knew it was perfect.

"This is amazing, Kaylie." Rick complimented as he scanned the area.
"Only this time there'll be no governor and his men." Carl agreed.
"And you're sure it's safe?" Maggie sighed, rubbing her stomach as her baby bump grew.
"From what I can remember." I nodded. "Dad had never known I worked here. It'll be the last place he looks. Trust me."

Suddenly a walker bounced onto the fence from the other side, scaring the living daylights out of me before I planted the knife in his head. "That's the only obstacle." I moaned, pointing the dozens of walkers surrounding the inside.

"We could just do what Rick did at the prison?" Maggie suggested. "Clear em' out- camp in the field for the night and move in at first light?"

"There won't be any need to camp out." I said. "There aren't any walkers inside and we won't need to cross that field to get into the building. Could just pick em' off overnight with a silenced sniper."
"How can you be so sure?" Michonne asked, kindly and out of breath.
"We were all evacuated once we found out what had happened. There was no body left inside." I clarified. "The doors on this place are strong enough to outstand a tank attack, no body was getting in without a key."
"And you have a key?" Daryl asked awkwardly.
"No." I bluntly replied, turning to Rick.. "But I know where one is."

I pointed though the field of walkers, and gestured to the main solar power box which rested on the side of the building.
"Workers always kept a key there for emergencies." I said. "Just gotta' get past the walkers to get the key."

"I'll do it." Rick announced, "you guys can just pick em' off from the main door over there."
"No." Michonne and Carl both said simultaneously.
"I can do it." Rick argued. "I did it once, I can do it again."

"No." I said this time. "You have Carl, Michonne and Judith to live for."
Rick looked at me wide eyes, and surprisingly enough; Daryl made his way beside Rick with wide eyes himself.
"I'm the only one who knows where the key is." I mumbled.
"Ye' can't." Daryl growled. "You'll get yourself killed."

"Shit." I mumbled. "That's six words at once! You sick? Been bit?" I rolled my eyes, pulling out my gun and attaching the silencer. "Besides." I turned to Rick. "I ain't got nothin' to live for anymore."

I wriggled my eyebrows and opened the gate before anyone could object. I walked into the field, instantly stabbing a walker between the eyes. I ran swiftly past the walkers that feel- the group had already silenced their weapons and began shooting the walkers I had missed.

One by one I stabbed, shot and threw my knives at the undead- watching them fall and their grimy blood oozing out of their heads like an old garden hose.
I eventually reached the power box. I opened it slowly- praying to god that the key was infact there. I opened the door, which revealed a shiny, metal key that made me jitter with happiness.
I quickly switched on the solar power button and shut the door, placing the key in my pocket.

I quickly ran back to the gate, killing more walkers as they came. Unfortunately I tripped- leaving my vulnerable as the walker's lunch. I heard Daryl scream my name which lead me to pull out a knife from my thigh and throw it- landing directly between the eyes of a walker.

I stood up and back on two feet- walking out the gate and back to the group.
"That, my friends- is how it's done." The group cheered, sending me tight hugs and smiles.

I turned my attention to daryl who wore a very straight face. I noticed his eyes watering, and his blue eyes never leaving mine.
"What?" I questioned.

Before I knew it, Daryl's body left his position and was directly infront of me. His hands rose and met my cheeks- he planted a firm kiss onto my lips. I melted at his touch, my legs felt weak.

His lips brushed mine. Not innocently, like a tease but hot, fiery, passionate and demanding. I wanted to pull away before I lost myself but I couldn'tseem to...In that minty moment, my senses had been seduced and I could no longer think straight. "I'm sorry" he whispered slowly, prolonging each letter as if to savour them. I smiled, my heart fluttering at his voice as I clasped my hands on either side of his face. Never before had an apology ever felt so wonderful I thought, as I leaned in for another...