Chapter 20

I kept walking, back towards the bridge to get my car. On the way, it started to snow again. The cold wind was blowing really hard, making my eyes sting and the insides of my nose hurt with each breath I took. I tugged at the damp jumper sleeves, trying to keep warm but failing miserably. I eventually arrived at the bridge and spotted my car still parked before it and off to the side. I got in and immediately turned it on to crank up the heat. As I sat there, warming my frozen fingers with the tiny heater, I saw my phone that was on the passenger seat. I nervously picked it up, not wanting to see if Levi or my mum had texted or called me. It buzzed as soon as I looked at it, showing that I had just gotten a new text from Louis. I unlocked my phone to see the message.

From: Louis

Hey can we please keep what happened today a secret? I don't need my friends or family freaking out... Thanks -Lou x

I stared at the text, more specifically the 'x' he put after his name. My thumbs hovered over the screen, wiggling in their own little dance as I decided what to type.

To: Louis

Yeah, sure. It freaked me out enough, I can't imagine how your mum would react. Not well I am assuming. -Harry

I contemplating on whether or not to put an 'x' on mine, finally deciding that it shouldn't really matter because he did one first so I am just returning one. I don't even know what's going on in my head anymore. I typed the letter and pushed send, ignoring all the other text messages I had received from a panicking Levi when I had left him in a rush just a few hours before. I tossed the phone back onto the passenger seat, finally pulling onto the road and going home.

°·°·°·°·°·°·°

"Levi? Are you here?" I called out as I entered the front door of my home, peeling off the damp and frozen articles of clothing by the entrance but keeping my boxers on, not wanting to get the house wet. I got no reply as I picked up the clothing, walking into the laundry room and putting them in the washer along with some other clothes and started it.

Still freezing, I ended up taking a hot shower and noticing that my stomach was already starting to bruise because of Levi. I traced my fingers over the tender skin, the hot water still pouring over me. I understand that he was upset, and yes, I do remember him having anger issues since we were young, but I never thought I would be on the other end of that fury. I was always the one to calm him down, to not get in trouble at school by beating someone up. Obviously not this time.

I finished washing myself and my hair, rinsing off before stepping out of the shower and into the freezing cold air. I sucked in a sharp breath as I quickly dried myself with a towel. I managed to make it into my room quicker than ever to put a jumper on and a pair of sweatpants. I wasn't planning on going out later today so might as well wear something comfortable.

I looked around my room as I dropped the now dirty towel I had just used to dry my hair on the floor, noticing it was dirty. Quite frankly, the whole house was dirty. Levi has practically been living here with me and neither of us have cleaned a single thing. It's nasty.

I picked up the towel again, putting it in an empty laundry basket before picking up the laundry basket and carrying it around the room with me as I put dirty clothes in it. I made my way downstairs with it, hearing the washing machine buzzer go off so I dropped the dirty clothes to put the now clean ones in the dryer and started the machine. I put the new dirty clothes in the washer and started that one as well. I then proceeded to pick up dirty plates and cups throughout the house and put them in the sink full of water. Just as I was cleaning up the take out containers to throw away, the my phone buzzed in my pocket and not even twenty seconds later I heard the doorbell ring. I sighed, dropping the container I had in my hand back onto the table before answering the door. On my way, I pulled my phone out to see a text from Louis.

From: Louis

Open ur door for a surprise! (: -Lou x

I made a weird face at my phone, looking up to open the door. I opened the door and was tackled to the ground, becoming instantly pinned to my place as the intruder straddled my stomach and held my wrists above my head. I had my eyes squeezed shut, not able to see the person on top of me. I groaned in pain due to my head bouncing off the hard floor and already having a concussion.

"Who ever you are, take whatever you want, just please don't hurt me." I managed to get out, squealing a little when the intruder swiftly got off of me and pulled me up along with them. I stumbled and grabbed onto my throbbing head, almost falling onto the floor again if not for the person's grip on my arm. I finally opened my eyes once I was steady on my feet and my head stopped spinning so much to be met with the sight of Louis' smiling face only inches away from mine.

"What a great surprise, trying to give me more brain damage." I muttered sarcastically, stepping away from him. His face fell as the realization hit him.

"Oh, shit. I am so sorry, I forgot all about that!" He apologized, frowning as he took in the sight of me looking like a dirt bag and rubbing my temples.

"What are you doing here, Lou?" I asked, slightly annoyed at his unplanned visit.

"What are you doing wearing my jumper?" He questioned, cocking an eyebrow higher. I looked down at the jumper, my eyes widening and a blush spreading across my face as I realized that it was indeed his jumper. I tried to play it cool as I looked back up at him, shrugging my shoulders as if I hadn't had a care in the world as to what I was wearing.

"Well, anyways, I'm here because my mum and sisters went shopping and left me home alone so I came to visit you. Isn't that just exciting!?" He excitedly bounced on the balls of his feet, a large smile plastered on his face.

"Why bother me again today?" I asked, playfully rolling my eyes. He lightly shoved my shoulder, walking further into my house by himself. I closed the front door and followed him.

"Well, because all my other friends are busy shoving their tongues down their girlfriends throats or are working so, you're the only friend I have left and you aren't doing either. You should be cleaning though because holy hell this place is a mess!" He exclaimed, picking up a sock off the back of the couch and flinging it at me. I caught it and threw it across the room to the rest of the clothes I had found.

"That's what I was doing until some one tried to rape me right inside my front door." I accused him, going back to picking up empty take out containers.

"Here let me help, it'll get done sooner that way." Louis said as he grabbed a few take out boxes and threw them into the rubbish bag I had in my hand. We spent the next couple of hours dancing, singing loudly, and cleaning as music played throughout the majority of the downstairs.

Louis was currently waving a feather duster around as he wiggled his bum around to the song in the middle of the room. I was laughing at him as I swept the hard wood flooring. We heard the door fling open and then slammed shut, Louis running to pause the music as Levi came storming into the room. This isn't going to be good.

°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°

A/N: That ending sucked. This whole chapter sucked. That's a sucky attempt at a cliff hanger. I tried though. Anyways, I won't be updating tomorrow because of a cheer competition so wish me luck! Haha and then the next few days I'll be scrambling to do the homework I had all break to do but put it off until now. So long story short, you aren't finding out what's happening with Levi being all like that for the next couple days. Sorry. But I still love you guys! Stay beautiful. Xx