Chapter 26

I woke up, in my bed, to see Louis placing a water bottle and a handful of pills on my bedside table. I watched him for a few seconds before I spoke.

"What are you doing?" My voice groggy and raspy. Louis jumped, spinning to face me with a shocked expression on his face.

"I-I," he stuttered but stopped, obviously not having an explanation as to why he was is my room. He looked like he was about to bolt out so I reached out and grabbed his wrist, holding him back from actually running.

"Shut up and come cuddle me, then you can go back to hating me." I sighed and tugged on his wrist. He gave in and sighed, tugging his pants off and leaving them on the floor and climbing under the covers I held open for him. After he slid in next to me, I wrapped my arm around his waist and pulled him closer to me so I could rest my head on his chest. He slowly wrapped his arm around me and we laid in silence for a while until he quietly whispered.

"I'm sorry, Harry."

That's all that was said between the two of us. We both knew what it meant and why I wasn't answering. He was sorry for everything, you could hear it in the tone of his voice. I didn't forgive him for obvious reasons. He ignored me. He left me to fend for myself. He didn't even bother to look at me after that day. I've never felt so alone until he left me. He broke my heart that day. I've received so many beatings, bruises, and broken bones since then, and he hasn't cared.

I closed my eyes, ignoring the pain in both my chest and my entire body, snuggling into him more. My grip on him was tight, his as equally tight as mine. I knew I shouldn't be doing this, but it was nice to have him back, even if it was only for a little while.

°·°·°·°·°·°·°

"Harry? Wake up. It's late and we need food." Louis' voice woke me up. I groaned and cuddled further into his side, not wanting to get up.

"I don't wanna, means this will be over." I mumbled into his side, not realizing what I had just said. Part of me still doesn't believe this is real, that I'm dreaming, so I don't want to get up and confirm the fact that I'm imaging things.

"Just get up, I promise I'm not going anywhere. Please?" I groaned again but decided to sit up, which was a bad one. Pain ripped through my body like I was on fire. I heard Louis mumble something and then hand me a water bottle and a few pills. Without hesitation, I immediately took them, finishing the water in one gulp. Louis sat beside me, rubbing my back softly. I flinched when his hand brushed an area between my shoulder blades, causing him to withdraw his touch from me. I whispered at the loss of contact but played it off as pain.

"Can I see?" Was all he asked, peeling the covers back and climbing out of my bed. The cold hit me and I shivered, knowing I probably forgot to pay the heating bills. I watched as he stretched his body out, twisting and turning to pop joints. I marveled at the sight, almost drooling when his shirt lifted a bit nd I saw a tan strip of skin peek out from underneath. He looked at me and smirked, knowing I was watching which caused me to blush and looked away.

"Yeah, you're going to have to see sooner or later, I'm not staying in bed all day." I slowly climbed out, hissing in pain due to the feeling of my muscles ripping and tearing. Louis wrapped an arm around my waist, grabbing my hand and throwing my arm over his shoulders to help me up. Once I had finally stood up, he let go and backed away to face me.

"Your shirt?" He motioned to it, meaning he wanted me to take it off. I nodded but looked to him with a pleading look. He gave me a small smile as he stepped forward and grabbed the hem of my tee shirt. Yes, tee shirt. I had been wearing them more often because I was tired of looking like a nerd. Plus, he said I looked hot in them.