CHAPTER 21 : JUST A STROKE / THE LUCKY GIRL

Please bring a huge smile on my face click on the star and vote on the chapter.

Enjoy

I was running as fast as my legs could take me, racing though the hospital corridor, as several questions raced through my mind. I couldn't believe what I had just heard and neither could I believe my reaction to the news. Finally the no. 204 flashed in front of my face and I entered it without any deliberation, and there he was lying on the bed, in a calm peaceful way. No one could have guessed from his expression he was in a critical condition, admitted in the emergency ward of the town hospital.

According to what Luke had told me he was fine till the bell rang signifying that it was lunch time and then suddenly he wasn't.

As I took a step inside the room, I enquired about his condition, what the doctor said so far.

Apparently it was just a stroke. A serious one but just a stroke.

We all left the room as the doctor entered and asked us to leave. Once outside, we asked uncle to leave assuring him that we would be there until he is up. After uncle left, Care suggested that we head down to the cafeteria and talk there since he was not going to be conscious any time soon due to the sleep injection they gave her and obviously none of us had had our lunch. I didn't have any appetite left but it was useless to argue with Care so agreed and I assumed Luke had the similar reasons.

Kate and Mason were not in town because being the filthy rich bastard he is, he had taken Kate to a romantic day out. And we didn't want to disturb them because they had enough problems of their own.

So as we sat down there, worried, afraid and tense Caroline tried to lighten the mood by asking about the dance we had the previous night.

"So how did the dance with Mr. Prince go?"

"Surprisingly good actually, since for once, he actually knew how to. But that is not the most important thing is it? I've danced with that idiot before, I'm afraid the same can't be said for the two of you. So you both know what the real question here is." I finished with a sly smile. Thankful for the first time in my life, for Care's ever cheerful disposition and the distraction it presented.

"As you said, surprisingly enough it wasn't so bad, apparently someone was in a really good mood after getting the title of the Homecoming King and so decided to behave like normal people do, without starting a single argument, or throwing a snide remark here and there."

"Well you weren't so bad yourself. The crown made more polite and graceful than you've ever been."

I was happy for these two, but they were able to hold my attention for only so long. I spaced out after this and could only concentrate on Ashton, how one moment we were driving to school together after a few hours here we are, him lying unconscious on a hospital bed and me sitting in the cafeteria of the hospital wondering how this happened. Apparently there was nothing to worry about as both of my friends had explained to me. but couldn't shrug off the feeling that something was wrong. So I finished the burger Caroline got for me, without even asking me first, insisting that I can't take care of him if I won't take care of myself, and headed to his room. I told Luke and Care to sit in the cafeteria and eat in peace and promised to inform them in case he woke up or anything went wrong.

The first thing I did after entering his room was to check whether he was up, although I had already been informed that he would take a few hours at least. Then dragged the stool lying in the corner of the room, nearer to his bed and sit down on it, while weaving my fingers through his, waiting for a response of any kind, even the slight movement of one of his fingers. As I sat there in the hospital room by myself I noticed how peaceful his face looked. An angelic smile danced on his lips, one he rarely gave anyone the opportunity to see, this is the man I fell for, the guy who had always been like an angel to me. I still wondered what happened to him, why did what he did. But he was improving now, or so it seemed.

I was sitting in his room, holding his right hand for I don't know how long when Will arrived. He was with me when I heard the news and wanted to accompany me right away but I asked him not since there were already four people there. He entered, asked me if I had had something to eat and on hearing a soft yes stood by my side, trying to comfort me by placing his hand on my shoulder. Here he was comforting me as Ashton lied unconscious in the hospital, they were both so different, all Ash seemed to do was to make fun of him while he was generous enough to visit him in the hospital and bring a basket of fruits too. One more thing I couldn't understand was Ash's hatred towards him, while I think he is the nicest guy I ever met. How could he dislike someone as calm and simple as him? Without any false pretences or undisclosed hate?

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I desperately needed someone to talk to, because if won't talk this thing is going eat me from within. I need to get it out and the only person who I saw then was Will. But I decided against it until he broke the ice and asked me a question, "You love him, don't you?"

"What?"

"Come on even - from - could see it if he were here, and he's blind."

"I used to."

"hmm."

I don't know what happened, but suddenly I was crying and I didn't even notice it until a drop fell on my hand, which was wrapped around Ashton's . William however, was much more alert than I was and as I was facing the opposite direction he was standing in, he came in front wiped away the rest of my tears with his thumbs as his hands held my face.

"Hey, hey everything's gonna be okay. Don't worry it's just a stroke. Shhh, shhh, stop crying."

"Even I don't know why I'm crying! It's just that when I heard he's in the hospital I couldn't control myself, I couldn't stop my mind from considering the worst case scenario, seeing your parents die at a young age can do that to you."

"You have no reason at all to worry. Nothing's gonna happen to him. Especially when he has someone like to pray for him." He said with a small smile.

This smile is what I wanted to write about, the smile that still made its way to lips after all he's been through.

"The girl you loved, Cassandra she... she's dead, isn't she?"

The silence I heard in response to my question was answer enough. This is the person I want to write about, I just had the feeling there was something about special him. And that is the story I want the world to know.

"How... how did you..."

"I have been through it myself; I knew the moment I looked at that expression in your eyes when we first talked about her. I'm sure the wise man above must have picked out some extremely special , lucky girl for you."

"And maybe I have met the lucky girl already."

"Maybe." I said with a smile.

THE END

So did you people like it? Comment and let me know.

Also I'm changing the guy who's going to play Ashton because Ian Harding is not how I imagined Ashton would look like when I first started writing this story. The part will now be played by Drew Van Acker, his picture is given above.

I know many of you were waiting for the update so here it is. By the way somebody please tell me what I should name this chapter out of the above two headings, I couldn't decide.

PS: I know its short but I wanted to give you all an update and my laptop had gone for repair so I didn't have much time.

Love, A.