CHAPTER 24 : "HE'S A JERK." "SO I'VE HEARD."

"SO I'VE HEARD."

Enjoy. ❤❤❤

Allison's POV:

There are always some people in our lives whom we think we know inside out, but life has a way of shocking us with circumstances which show us a new face of these people altogether. That is what had happened with Ashton two years ago, and I don't know why but as I stepped into William's it felt like it was about to happen again.

I rang the bell and waited a minute before the door opened and I was received by a pleasant looking, middle-aged woman.

"You must be Allison. I'm Rose Anderson, Will's mum." The woman said escorting me to the living room.

"It's really nice to meet you." I replied.

"I'm glad to meet you too. Make yourself comfortable Will will be out in a second"

Just as I sat down on the couch, I saw Will appear on the stairs.

"Come on up." He said.

"Wow! You've got a really clean room for a guy."

"Thank you."

I had finally convinced Will to tell me his story after days of begging. So I wasn't about to waste a minute of it.

"So how did you meet Cassandra?"

"uh-uh. Since you're so desperate to know my story, why don't you tell me yours?"

"Alright that's fair, what do you wanna know?"

"How long have you loved Ashton for?"

I had practiced replying to that question so many times yet what I said was not what I had in my head.

"I don't love him, I used to but I don't anymore. He never felt that way."

"How can you be sure?"

"It's my chance now. Answer my question."

"She was my buddy's sister. She was beautiful, intelligent and perfect. I was a jock, a lot like Luke.

My chance now how do you know."

"He told me, mocked me actually. About how he knew I was head over heels for him and how it was stupid and pathetic to think that he'd return my feelings." I muttered trying to keep the tears at bay.

"Anyways what changed how did you fall for her?"

"We grew up and she finally accepted some idiot's offer to go out with him. I told her she can't go, tried to make her stay back, she did but she wanted to know why I stopped her. I told her it was because being his brother's friend it was responsibility to look out for her and the guy she was about to go out with was a tool, truth was I myself didn't know why I did that.

I had been in love with her for a long time without knowing it. I didn't plan on doing anything about, I didn't even realize until that moment. She knew it was a lie the second it came out of my mouth. Over time I had to admit it, and as soon as I did, I did everything I could to make her fall for me too. It took some time but I did it, she fell for me too." He said wearing a distant smile on his face.

"It had been a month since we got together when she had hat accident." Now he was the one trying to control his tears and failing miserably at it.

I moved towards him and wrapped my arms around him, without saying a word. No words could ever make this okay, I knew from firsthand experience.

When he calmed down, he said "I'm sorry for that. What exactly happened with you and Ashton?"

"Everything was going normally, I had been in love with him for a while but didn't plan on acting upon my feelings any time soon and by any time soon I mean ever. Suddenly one day Ashton started acting much unlike himself, started hanging out with the popular crowd more, being rude to me until one day at junior prom, he got drunk and told me I was pathetic to pine after him while he clearly didn't feel the same way, I didn't even realize he knew it. He insulted me in front all our classmates for loving him and the worst part was that I couldn't even refuse it. I did love him and I couldn't deny it even though he was taking my feelings and throwing them into the dustbin. So when my uncle asked me whether I wanted to attend the school my mother did, I told him I couldn't be more ready to leave town." The tears were flowing down my cheeks too now.

"I came back a few days before the party where we first met, when I heard about uncle's condition."

"He's a jerk."

"So I've heard." I said with what could be described as a pathetic attempt at a smile.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I still hadn't quite recovered from telling what had two years ago to someone who actually knew the guy. All those memories had come rushing back. All I wanted to do was curl up under my blanket and have a long sleep or if we're talking honestly, read a cheesy romantic book or watch a similar movie because I know I'd do too much over thinking to actually fall asleep right away.

So when I entered the house I didn't pay nearly enough attention to hear a word of what Kate Luke and Uncle had been talking about.

Although the look on their face told me I should have because I could tell that they really didn't want me to hear it and were scared shitless that I had. If it were any other day I would've pressured them for answers but right then I couldn't care less.

"Alli?"

"When did you come in?"

"Right this second. You can carry on your conversation, I was just going upstairs."

"No we were just leaving."

How drastically would it have changed the course of our lives had I known earlier what they did or even heard it right then, I still wonder.

THE END.

You people cannot imagine what went down in the last chapter and this one. I'll just tell you this much they were the most important ones.

I hope you guys find this chapter interesting.

The guy in the pic above is our complicated protagonist Ashton.

I know it's short but its full of contents.

Do tell me what you think about the recent developments by COMMENTS and don't forget to VOTE as well.

Love , A.