CHAPTER 23 : SWEETIE, I HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS SEEING A REGULAR MAN IN HIM!

SEEING A REGULAR MAN IN HIM!

Enjoy. ❤❤❤

KATE'S POV

Love is tricky thing. The most appropriate definition of love would be a feeling that can't put be put into love. It makes some people wonder what has become of them, while others try to understand how they were lucky enough to find it. It is a synonym of hurt for some while it serves as the healer to the others wounds. For some it means to hold on and for other to sacrifice and let go.

I once heard a hindi song (my mother being an indian I've heard lots of them) called 'Kaisa ye ishq hai' and it decribed love pretty well.

As complicated as love might be pretending to be in love, when in reality you loathe each other, in not less complex, not for Luke and Caroline at least.

"No! no! no!

You have to look at her as if you love her. Look at her like she's the only thing you've been able to think about since you last saw her even though that time was mostly spent on the battlefield." I tried for the thousandth time.

"And you for God's sake try to look a little more admiringly towards him, you just heard of his heroic acts on the battlefield. Just try to look a little bit more impressed."

In all my years with the play, helping in the direction, never have I ever come this close to quitting!

"Caroline please try to see your idle man in him, look at Luke the way you'd look at him. And Luke I'm not even sure that there is anyone whom you'd look that way!" I request.

"See my ideal man in him? Sweetie, I have enough problems seeing a regular man in him!"

"Yeah, Kate if you want a more loving expression why don't you replace her with a viper or a hippopotamus?"

"Well it would certainly be more attractive than you are!"

"Look who's talking about attractiveness! A man would actually have to be a hippo to find you attractive!"

"I wish I could say the same for you but I can't, because even a hippo won't want to have anything to do with you."

"Would you shut up with the bantering and hippo talk already?" I shouted in a voice that almost didn't sound like my own.

"That's it! I'm not talking to either one of you until you can figure out a way to coexist together in the same room and moreover act as if you're madly in love." The words had barely left m y mouth when I strode away in a fury and Alli who had been practicing in the other side of the auditorium, came running after me.

Okay I admit! I was wrong. This was so not a good idea!

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

"Say the word and I'll beat the shit out of him!"

"Mase calm down, that's not going to work, you can make him a fractured bone bag and he still wouldn't like Caroline!"

"So what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to emotional blackmail them into liking each other."

"Sounds like a plan."

"It is. A very good one at that. And I'd be helping Alli get her college money anyway."

"And you brother find love." He said placing him palm on my cheek. Smiling the loveliest smile I ever saw anyone smile.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

"SOS. My house now!"

I didn't take too long to show at Mase's house after that.

"19% are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Oh God!" Care muttered.

"And he wouldn't even tell us! Thank God we asked Liz to inform us about any new developments."Luke said looking towards Mase.

"I can't help but think how things could have been if Alli knew." Care wondered.

"She can't. We promised Ash." Mason was the one to reply this time.

"I wish circumstances were different, I wish we didn't have to hide the things that we do. They are meant for each other!" I thought out loud.

"We should tell her." Care agreed.

"He would never talk to us again and this time he might leave town, for good." Mason predicted.

"I can't help but feel like we're betraying Alli." I said

"Telling her would definitely be betraying Ash." Luke concluded.

"Why do these things happen to the best of people?"

"Maybe because God thinks they have the power to endure it." But even as the words left my mouth I knew that it was unfair and downright cruel!

"God couldn't find anyone else! This is all so damn shitty!" Luke exclaimed. "I see the way he is breaking from the inside day after day. And if even I can see it, in both of their eyes, maybe their love is real."

"I just wish they had a chance."

"They deserve it after all they've been through!"

"I go call Tom about it and you go inform uncle Blake." Mase told Luke.

"I'll come with you." I replied

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

We had just told uncle the complete matter.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive, I saw the it myself and confirmed it with Liz too."

"Make sure he doesn't know that we know. And Alli don't let her get a whiff of it or you will never see him again." As he completed the sentence we turned around towards the door, only to face a very angry and pained looking Allison Waters.

THE END.

My exams are going on but I had a break in between so I wrote up the chapter. It is obviously short, but one of the most important none the less.

What do you think is happening?

Did Alli hear all of it, some of it or none?

Don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT as a reward for my effort to write between my exams.

Love, A.