CHAPTER 22 : MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING

Please make my day, click on the tiny orange star and vote for this chapter as a reward for my hard work in writing this chapter despite my exams being near.

We were sitting in the history class with the only teacher all the students liked-Mr. Moscovitz, when the janitor came in with a message from Dean Bass. Mr. Moscovitz sent the janitor back after reading the message and spoke, "The auditions for the Star Falls High Skit Competition will start today, and the competition is to take place on the 19th a month from now. The play to be enacted for this year's competition is 'Much Ado About Nothing'. If anyone of would like to be a part of the play be sure to swing by the Auditorium in the lunch break."

Finally it's that time of the year again!

And Much Ado is the one thing written by Shakespeare that I actually enjoy.

Being an avid reader and an aspiring writer you'd think I'd be more interested in the scripting part of the skit competition but I've been acting in plays since as far as I can recall. This was one of the few things that I actually enjoyed doing and was really good at.

So when the bell rang for the lunch break me and Care headed for the auditorium immediately. During our walk towards it we were discussing who could be playing the parts of Benedick and Claudio.

"Which part would the idiot be getting?" I wondered.

"Uh he doesn't take part in plays anymore not since two years ago."

This was one of those moments that made me realize how much has changed. And the 'two years ago' thing brought back a flash of memories, memories which I had buried away in some dark corner of my mind.

FLASHBACK

This year's play was supposed to be based off the most stupid love story in the history of time, 'Romeo and Juliet.'

And as always me and Ash were playing the main characters, while Mason played the role of the father and Care presented herself as the beauty who enticed Romeo into coming to the Capulet Ball in the first place.

Kate was involved in the backstage work Luke was staying as far away from all the "soapy drama" as he could. His words not mine.

So anyways we were performing this scene where Romeo first met Juliet during the ball.

JULIET

Thou know'st the mask of night is on my face,

Else would a maiden blush bepaint my cheek

For that which thou hast heard me speak to-night

Fain would I dwell on form, fain, fain deny

What I have spoke: but farewell compliment!

Dost thou love me? I know thou wilt say 'Ay,'

And I will take thy word: yet if thou swear'st,

Thou mayst prove false; at lovers' perjuries

Then say, Jove laughs. O gentle Romeo,

If thou dost love, pronounce it faithfully:

Or if thou think'st I am too quickly won,

I'll frown and be perverse an say thee nay,

So thou wilt woo; but else, not for the world.

In truth, fair Montague, I am too fond,

And therefore thou mayst think my 'havior light:

But trust me, gentleman, I'll prove more true

Than those that have more cunning to be strange.