CHAPTER 26 : THE UNEXPECTED

Enjoy ❤❤❤

Caroline's POV:

Drama I believe is the essence of life. After all a great man once said that drama is life with the dull bits cut out. Drama serves as a perfect refuge from the troubles of life by modifying the very same life and presenting it on a stage. It is something that both the actors and audience enjoy immensely and besides it the second best activity one can undertake preceded only by reading .

It was the da y of Judgment for the creators of the high school play of 2017 anyway.

The back of the stage was bursting with all the energy. Kate was panicking more than a normal girl would on her wedding day. I wasn't too glad either because I had to pretend to be in love with the person I hated most. Sure I relationship had progressed through the course of the practice period. We even engaged in a few normal conversations without getting in an argument, but it's one thing making an effort to be civil and another and another thing altogether pretending to be in love.

With the amounts of co-incidences happening I sometimes suspect it's our friends' strategy to get us on friendly terms but I dismissed the notion the next second stating it absurd.

The audience was already seated and as usual there was no one there from my family. They'd always been too busy for me. Kate gave us one last encouragement speech before ushering us onto the stage and a major part of that speech was focused on how we had to make our families and friends sitting in the audience proud of us. That left me in a little more serious than I'd like to admit. And what was more surprising than a girl like me getting serious was a guy like Lucas Salvatore noticing. And as it turned out he did.

"What calamity has got a girl like you so serious?"

"What do you care?"

"For once in your life Caroline Heart try not to answer a question with another one."

"It's nothing just what Kate said about the people we need to make proud, I don't have anybody out there."

"You do here. All your friends are here, even Mase, Meg and Will are helping backstage."

"They don't count, I meant someone other than my friends."

"Well you can make me proud... of having a worthy frenemy."

"So we're frenemies now?"

"That's what you got from all this? Wow now you seriously do need to make me proud."

"Thank you. For taking my mind off it."

"I was serious you know? I will be sitting in one of the seats on the side for the actors, observing your skills most closely, when it's not my scene."

The play started soon and I got lost in chemistry that Beatrice and Benedick had, Allison and Ashton's chemistry was not in any way less. I always wanted a story like that falling in love with a person one used to hate those are best kind of love stories. Luke and I played our part better than we'd expected to. And to add to the list of surprises the guy actually sat in the audience and watched my performance whenever it wasn't his scene, even though Meg was going mad shouting at the actors to get them ready for their next scene with all the makeup. He took that much trouble just to make me feel better. And as much as I didn't wanna admit the fact it was awfully sweet of him.

As the ending of the play approached and Claudio was about to discover the truth about Hero's death the audience was on edge some of them never watched the play others read and forgot it. The directors had previously asked us: Hero and Claudio to kiss in the end but both of us had vehemently opposed the idea to an extent that it was never mentioned again.

After all that you'd think we would not even consider the suggestion but in that moment when Claudio realizes that Hero is alive the emotions flowing. The delight he experienced by the relief of his guilt being lifted off and the knowledge of the fact that his on true love was still alive was overwhelming.

Inthat moment maybe because we were too deep into the roles or because of something else it felt quite natural that we should kiss and so that's exactly what we did.

THE END.

I know it's the shortest chapter imaginable but this seemed like a good place to end it.

And FYI I've officially registered for a copyright  and got one so DO NOT try tomess with me. DO NOT try to copy my work.

I updated after a really long time and that is because I didn't have much motivation so once again if you want faster and better updates please do vote and comment.

The girl in the picture above is Nina Dobrev who's playing Kate.

Love, A.