Chapter 3

I am in my room, still unpacking. I am home alone for a while. Spencer is out getting breakfast and my Aunt and Uncle are working.

All of a sudden I hear a thump. I turn around. I walk out of my room and go to the living room. It was probably just outside. I walk back to my room, and find a person in a black hoodie, pants and everything black. Who was this? Was this A? The girls described A to be a person who is all black. I stand frozen. A runs up to me and grabs me by the neck. Throwing my body against the wall. A takes out a knife and before it stabs me.

Then I wake up!

I sit up breathing heavily. I look around my bright room. Everything was alright. Spencer walks in and sees me like I ran a marathon.

"Ken, are you okay?" Spencer asks coming up to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a bad dream."

Spencer looks at me. "Okay well breakfast is downstairs." I nod and she leaves. I get up and stretch, when my phone decides to ding. I grab my phone and it's a text from A. My eyes widen. I was afraid to open it. I eventually did and it said:

Well Kendall, I heard that some nightmares can become true. I'll see you soon! Kisses-A

I choose to just ignore the text and I go to the bathroom, do the usual morning routine, get dressed and head downstairs. I ended up wearing a blue muscle tee with my school logo(from California. We were the dolphins,) and some white shorts with black converse. I like to dress in a sporty way. Its comfy, and can be stylish.

I run downstairs and head out the door. Through the bright sunlight I see Spencer, with a coffee in her hand.

"Hey! Need a ride somewhere?" She asks.

"Can you get me to the Brew? It is still here right?" I ask,

"Of course, I was headed to see my boyfriend who lives right above there." She smiles. I head into her car.

"Toby lives up there?" I ask,

"Yeah. Why are you headed to the Brew?"

"To see an old friend. We decided to meet up there."

"Wait is it who I think it is?" Spencer asks with a huge grin on her face. I nod with a smile.

We arrive at the Brew and I get out. I tell Spencer that I will walk back home. I walk into the Brew. I order a coffee for myself and I lean my hands against the counter. A pair of hands wrap around my waist. I nearly jump but I turn around and find my best friend, Mike Montgomery. I jump up and hug him!

"I missed you so much!" He says.

I smile and say "I missed you too!"

Back before I moved to California, Mike and I were literately inseparable. We were two peas in a pod. Best friends. We have known each other since birth. We were in the same pre-school class, and had so many play dates. We had secret meeting places which only him and I knew. I wonder if they are still here...

Mike and I catch up a lot about our lives in the past. We laughed a lot and became close again, like we never separated. I missed him so much. After having coffee at the Brew We decide to go to the park and take a walk.

"I feel like I missed so much while I was gone." I say.

"Nah, you didn't. Not really." Mike replies.

"What do you mean not really?" I asked. I could see Mike was lying. He was ignoring it.

I run in front of him and smile.

"What? Tell me!" I smile.He looks up at me. Near to tears. My smile fades away. He sits down on a nearby bench. I sit next to him. My hand rubbing his back. I was in the same position as Spencer last night when I was crying.

"I suffered from depression. I robbed houses. I almost broke my Mom's wrist. I became violent and I totally regret it." He said. I never seen him this emotional. He was the tough guy who didn't let people see him cry.

I looked at him, and lifted his chin. We looked into each others eyes. Then we kissed. And it was the best kiss I have ever had. But then I realize. WOAH I AM KISSING MIKE MONTGOMERY! I pull back gasping for air. We still look at each others eyes. Simultaneously we back away from each other.

"Did we..." Mike started. I nodded. I can feel my cheeks burning.

"Kendall, I am sorry-" but I stopped Mike there. "No. It isn't your fault." I said.

"About the thing you told me-" I started. Then Mike kissed me again. But I kissed back. It felt so right to kiss him. But Aria would probably rip my guts out if she found out. We let go. He held my hand. I really liked Mike, and I missed him terribly. I don't know if we're doing the right thing.

"Is this right?" I ask. He shrugged.

"It feels right. I have always liked you Ken, and when I found out that you were coming back, I knew it was my chance." I smiled at what he said. I hugged him. We got up and started walking back to my house.

"What does this mean?" He asks.

"I don't know. What do you want it to mean?"

He smirked. Mike turned and looked at the garden that was in front of my house. He picked out a daisy and faced me.

"Kendall Hastings, what do you think if we start dating? Maybe take the next step?" He asked handing me the flower.

"I don't know, maybe its too soon-"

"It doesn't hurt if we try?"

"If you think it will work, then why not?" I giggle. He kissed me softly. I let go and smiled at him. I turned and walked towards the front entrance of my house smiling and blushing.