Chapter 37

I awoke with a pack of ice on my head. I sat up quickly, causing my vision to blur tremendously. My head ached in pain. Once my vision cleared, I saw I was in my living room. No one was around. I grabbed the pack of ice and put it on the table. I felt the back of my head. I looked at my hand. There were drops of red on it.

"Kendall! You're awake!" Spencer said walking in from outside. She sat down next to me and smiled.

"How are you feeling?" She rubbed my back.

"I'm fine" I say. Her smiled faded. "Who hit me? What happened after I got hit? What did I get hit with?" I start babbling a bunch of questions.

Hanna walked in from outside and said, "Can you chill with the questions?" Emily and Aria follow behind her.

"Well Hanna, the thing is that A tried to get me....AGAIN!" I yell at her, and stood up. I glared at her. I got angry.

Hanna just stared at me. "You got hit with a rock. We heard you scream from the kitchen before you got hit, which made us go outside."

My anger died down. Aria continued for Hanna, "We went outside and saw you on the ground, your head was gushing blood and there was a rock next to you. Someone threw that rock at your head."

"You mean A.." I interrupt.

"Yea, but that isn't all that happened." Spencer mentions. I raise my eyebrow at her.

"Come on." She said. I stood and followed her outside to the backyard. I gasped at what I saw.

There was a huge hole in the ground. There was a shovel next to it. I went towards a rock at the edge of the hole and saw what was written on it.

R.I.P Kendall M Hastings -A

Okay. Let's just say that I did not handle this situation calmly..

"ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!?!? A TRIED TO BURY ME????ALIVE!!!!!!!!?????" I yelled super loud.

"Just like Ali." Emily said.

"I just want to know why A is trying so hard and going through so much trouble to kill you." Spencer said.

"Yeah, me too." I say dryly.

"We have to fill up this hole, with the rock in it and then burn that shovel." Aria said. She grabbed the rock from my hands and threw it in the human sized hole.

While they were filling up the hole with excess dirt, I turned and went inside. I ran to my dark room and closed the door. I ran to the corner of my room and cried. I wasn't safe here in Rosewood. I needed to leave, but I couldn't.

I got up and looked for the knife A left in my room the night he/she tried to stab me. It wasn't in my drawers. Where was it. I turned around and looked at my bed. I saw something sparkle on top of it. I wiped the tears that were streaming down my face and went towards the sparkling object.

When I reached my bed, I knew exactly what it was. I picked up the heart shaped locket that Mike gave me. I realized I wasn't wearing it. The last time I remember wearing it was when I went to Mike's room. I looked back over and saw a note next to where my necklace was placed. I opened the note. It read:

Kendall,

I found your necklace in my room. I know you went through my room, I know you know I'm A. And I am so sorry. I am sorry I ran away, but I can't come back. Not yet. I need to keep you and the rest of the girls safe. Just remember, no matter what has happened, not matter what you have done, what I have done, I will ALWAYS love you.

-M

Mike was here. He was in Rosewood. He never really 'ran away'. I re-read the letter over and over again. Especially the part where he said he loved me. I was having a hard time believing that.

"Ken?" Spencer walks in. I turn around and Spencer's faced became concerned when she saw I had tears in my eyes. I start bawling and she went up to me and hugged me.

"I need to tell you something.." I say, after I calmed down with my tears. We go downstairs.

Spencer sat down and Emily, Aria, and Hanna sit by her. All of them were worried and wondered what I was going to say. I think Hanna knew what I was going to say with the annoyed expression on her face. What was up with her? What the hell did she eat today? Bitch flakes? I start saying what I had to say.

"Guys.." I start. "Mike is A. And that is why he ran away." I put the necklace and letter on the table. "He ran away because I knew." There was a pause. "He isn't in Boston. He is here. He is everywhere, cause he's A."

Aria was speechless. She was tearing, but forbade herself to cry. "Yeah, I have to go." She says. She hugs me, picks up her bag and leaves.

"Wow.." Hanna said.

"I think Mike tried to kill me!" I blurt. I have no idea why I said that.

"What? Why?" Spencer asked.

"He was the one who set the fire in the barn...and I think he was the one who threw the rock at my head."

"Ken, that is impossible." Emily said.

"Nothing is impossible in Rosewood, Emily." I say crossing my arms. "Especially with A on our tail.."

A/N: Hi guys! Just apologizing in advanced if you thought this chapter was weird or just bad. I was kind of rushing. So yea, that's all. I will update again as soon as I can. I have just been so busy lately. Anyways, Keep on reading!

Kisses -E