Chapter 31

Kendall's P.O.V

I woke up with my vision being extremely blurry. The bright light going straight to my eyes didn't help that problem. I started hearing things. Then things got loud.

"Her oxygen levels are extremely low."

"Someone take care of that burn."

"Get her in that ambulance ASAP."

My vision came back and I was finally able to tell what was going on. I was on a gurney getting pushed into an ambulance. There was an oxygen mask on my nose. I could barely breath. I thought that thing was suppose to help you... Then I felt a huge sting on my leg. I grunted and they realized I was awake.

"Kendall. Hi we are here to help you. You're sister is here and we are going to the hospital. Just sit tight and try not to talk as much since your oxygen is very low." A paramedic said. I nodded slowly. I turned my head over to look at Spencer who was in the ambulance sitting right next to me. That was when I realized she was holding my hand.

"Everything is going to be okay Kendall." She said. I tried to speak, but words wouldn't come out of my mouth, and I started choking. The paramedic helped me right away.

"Kendall, you will be fine. I promise" Spencer said again. I couldn't see her very well because of my slightly blurry vision, but I knew she was crying by the sound of her voice. And with that I closed my eyes and thought of every positive thing.

Mike's P.O.V

I ran into the emergency room and I saw Aria, Emily and Hanna. I ran over to them and asked them, " Where's Kendall?"

"She isn't here yet, but her parents are over there signing papers." Emily said.

My eyes widen. "YOU'RE TELLING ME I BEAT THE FREAKING AMBULANCE HERE?!?" I yelled.

Aria stood up. "Mike relax-"

"Relax?" I interrupted her. "The person that I loved could be seriously injured and I won't RELAX until I know she is completely safe,okay!!"

She sat down and once she did, a gurney and paramedics bursts through the door telling people to get out of the way. Right away, I knew it was Kendall. Her parents chased after her and Spencer came in and fell to her knees bawling with tears. All the girls and including me went straight to her.

"Spence, what happened?" Hanna asked.

"Kendall...she..closed her eyes and ..and won't open them again!" Spencer said between sobs. My heart broke into a million pieces. Now there was no way that I was leaving this hospital until I can see Kendall.

Spencer's P.O.V

*48 agonizing hours later*

I have been in the hospital for almost a 2 whole days now. They said Kendall was fine with her breathing, but her leg is totally messed up. (Maybe not in those exact words, but you know what I mean). My parents wouldn't let anyone see her until she is fully alright with everything and her leg was being treated.

I sat in the waiting room, and so did Mike. While waiting for Kendall, Mike and I talked a lot. We even played a game of Go Fish when we had nothing to do.

While I was reading a magazine and Mike was on his phone, my mother came in.

"Mike, Spencer," she started. "Kendall wants to see you both."

We looked at each other and ran passed my mother to Kendall's room, we went in and she was reading a book. She looked up and smiled the biggest smile.

"Mike! Spencer!" She said. Mike went up to her and hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. I just awed in that moment and then I went to hug Kendall myself. "I'm glad you're okay." I whispered to her. When I let go, Mike asked, "How are you?" He held her hand.

"I'm fine, my breathing is back to normal and I got stitches on the back of my head and my leg...is otherwise." She paused. Then we saw how her leg looked. I gasped at what I saw and Mike just stared.

There was a huge and major burn right around her mid-thigh and it looked like it hurt like hell.

"I am unable to walk for quite a while so crutches for me." She said with a smile. I couldn't smile. I felt bad for her. Though I knew she tried to keep everything on the positive.I guess she knew I had to say something because she said, "Mike, can you leave Spencer and I alone.." He nodded, kissed her forehead, smiled at her and left.

"So, does it hurt?" I ask trying to fill the awkward silence.

"Yeah." She answered right away. "How did you know where I was? Were you guys just randomly in the woods?"

I let out a chuckle. "No, I think Alison sent us."

"What?" She says. I take out my phone and show her the text the girls and I got when we were at the abandoned apartment.

"The old wooden barn in the woods. Hurry before she goes away forever. -Al" Kendall read aloud. "Al as in Alison?" She questioned. I shrugged my shoulders.

"We don't know, but we are almost positive." Then I remember that day. How I found Kendall.

"Spence?" She asked. I was lost in my own thoughts.

"Yeah. Sorry."

"What were you thinking about?" She asked.

"Nothing." I quickly reply. "So when are you coming back home?"

"Tomorrow." She smiled. I smiled back. "But I won't be in school for a week." She added.

"Speaking of school, excited for UPenn?" I say excitedly. The smile she had on her face faded.

"Yeah...about that..um..I..kinda...don't want to go."

My eyes bulge out at her. "What?? Why?!?"

She fiddles with her fingers. "I can't leave you, Rosewood, Mike, my friends."

"But you can leave A. Mike and I will be fine. It's your safety that's important and this is a once and a life time chance Ken." I tried to persuade her.

"I can't go. I'm not going to." She said firmly. I knew it was her final decision.

"Did you tell Mom and Dad?" I ask folding my arms. She nodded no. Then came that awkward silence again.

"Bring up the blinds. It's dark in here." I went towards the windows and lifted the blinds and both of us gasped at what we saw. In dark red ink it read:

You can never get away from me. -A

"Cece was here.." Kendall whispered.

I turned and looked at her. "How do you know?"

Kendall had a determined look on her face.

"It's her handwriting. She knows I want to end this. And if she is going to play that game, then I will too."

A/N: hey guys sorry this chapter sucked. I won't be updating for a while. This week is extremly busy for me, but when I have the chance I will update as much as I can. Thank you for all the votes, reads and positive comments. They really give me the motivation to write.

Kisses -E