Chapter 39

"Toby, I think you need to leave. I will call you later okay?" Spencer put her hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah. Call me later okay. Love you." He said kissing her forehead. He got up and she followed him to the door.

"I love you too." She said finally, and then Toby left. Spencer turns back around and looks at me.

"What?" She asks.

"You're lucky you have someone like him." I say. All goes quiet for what seems like forever.

"What did Mom and Dad tell you Ken? Why did they give you away and keep you a secret?" Spencer basically pleaded.

"They were forced to." I answer.

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is that someone tried to kill me, before I was even born." I say.

It becomes quiet. Spencer was about to say something, but I knew what it was. So I stop her by saying,

"Don't even ask. I don't know who tried to kill me. That was something Mom and Dad wouldn't tell. That was what we were arguing about."

Spencer scoffed. "They didn't tell you who tried to kill you. That's ridiculous."

I sat down and put my head in my hands. "That is all they told me."

"What? No! They can't just tell you that someone tried to kill you and then leave you hanging with so many unanswered questions." Spencer argued. She had a point, but I was too tired to deal with it.

"Spencer, leave it alone. Don't start this whole riot between us and them. I just got back in their good side again." I try to persuade her.

"Please?" I ask innocently.

"Fine, but Kendall, this is ridiculous that you aren't trying to get answers out of them." Spencer crosses her arms.

"Trust me," I start. "I'm used to having questions unanswered." Yet again, a silent moment occurs.

"Why are so many people trying to kill you? They really want you dead. What did you do?" Spencer whispers.

I didn't answer her question, but yet again, she was right. Why were so many people out to get me?

__________________________________________________________________________

It's been almost 2 weeks. Tomorrow is the day I am leaving to California. And to be honest, I don't want to leave anymore. These past 2 weeks have been the best I have had in my life. A hasn't texted me a lot. I probably got one or two messages, but that is it. And the girls and I all hung out a lot. We were insepretable these past two weeks.

Today, they were all at school, while I stayed back at home to just relax. I was home alone and I didn't feel like doing anything, so I showered, put on an outfit, and plopped down onto the couch reading a book.

I stayed like that for 15 minutes. That was when someone knocked on my door. I sat up and went to it. When I opened it, I did not expect what I was going to see.

A/N: okay guys, 3 more chapters and the story is over! Ahhhh! But don't forget there will be a sequel to it. I am not sure if I should do a different book, or just keep going on this one..keep on reading!

Kisses -E