Chapter 10

Spencer's P.O.V

I am outside of the barn crying my eyes out. I see Kendall getting pulled into the ambulance on the gurney. When I see her I run straight towards her. Aria and Hanna pull me back and I just fall on my knees crying. If I wasn't so pissed off at her that would have been me. I would have been the one who was shot. Why would A do this? What did Kendall do?

I am still sobbing my eyes out.

"Shhh. Spencer we need to get to the hospital." Emily says rubbing my back also crying. Everyone was crying. I regret slapping Kendall and making her keep secrets. I was still crying trying to get to Kendall. The police wouldn't let me pass.

Aria and Emily dragged me into the car. Hanna was driving and yes, I was still crying. When we got there I ran out into the hospital quickly asking for Kendall Hastings. I told them I am their sister and that my parents are with her now.

"I am sorry Miss. Hastings but you are not allowed to see Kendall until she is in stable condition." The nurse said trying to calm me down. I saw Toby come in with Mike. Toby ran to me and gave me a hug as I sobbed into his shirt.

"Please let me see Kendall." I heard Mike say to the nurse. She told him the same thing she said to me.

Mike's P.O.V

I didn't know what to do. Spencer was sobbing into Toby's shirt, Aria and Hanna were just sitting in shock and Emily was tearing and kept shaking her leg.

I needed to know if Kendall was going to be okay. We have only been dating for a couple of weeks, but I have known her for years and I'm starting to love her.

The nurse finally came into the waiting room. We all stood up from our chairs.

"I am guessing you guys are for Kendall Hastings." She tried to be humorous. Who could laugh in a situation like this?

"She is stable, but in critical condition. For now only immediate family could see her."

Once Spencer heard that she ran towards the room.

I followed her, but this damn nurse stopped me. "Immediate Family only." She repeated. She pointed to the chair and I sat in it. I wanted to see the girl of my dreams and make sure she was okay.

Spencer's P.O.V

I ran into Kendall's room. And when I saw her I busted into tears again. She was covered with wires and tube. She had an oxygen mask on her nose. Her her eyes closed and her skin was pale. She looked like a complete mess! Her blue hospital gown had drops of blood scattered around. The doctors said she lost a significant amount of blood so she might be out for a while...a long while.

I slowly walked up to her. Then I got a text. I took out my phone praying that it wasn't who I thought it was.

And I thought I completed my mission of getting rid of her. Better luck next time. -A

I put my phone away, trying to ignore the text. I saw her bloody clothes in the corner of the room in a bag. I suddenly remembered how I found her. She was unable to breathe, her clothes were soaked in the significant amount of blood she lost. She was slightly groaning in pain and she had some debris on her face.

I sat in the chair and just watched her. I cried again. I put my head down on the side of her bed and sobbed for what felt like an hour but was only 20 minutes. Eventually, my parents came in saying I had to leave. I was still furious with them, but I obeyed their instructions.

When I came out, Mike ran to me.

"Please! Let me see Kendall!" He said.

"I can't. She can't have visitors until tomorrow." I say.

"Then I will wait. But you have to get me in and let me see her." He said. He was near to crying. I nod.

"Thank you." And he goes back to sit.

I sit next to Toby and put my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me.

"Everything will be okay. The doctors said she will be fine." He whispered. I couldn't believe if that was true or not.