Chapter 16

This night was one of the first times I actually saw Spencer sleep. She hasn't slept in who knows how long and don't tell her, but she looked disastrous.

I woke up at 5am. I couldn't go back to sleep. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs to get some water. I go down the stairs and grab a glass from the cabinet. As I get it out, a bottle of Spencer's pills drop down onto the counter. I take them in my hand and I remember that day.

~flashback~

"What the hell Kendall?" Alison said. "Why are you doing this to yourself?" She shook the bottle of pills on her hand.

"They help me focus. They make me find things out, they keep my mind straight. My grades have gotten higher since I started." I said to her.

"You look terrible. You have no idea what your doing." She says.

"Well look who's talking. Going out to parties,drinking. I bet you even had some drugs before too Alison." I snark at her. She looked at me feeling hurt.

"Wow Kendall. You have really gotten that far." She said. She threw the bottle on the ground and stormed out of my house in California.

"Where are you going?" I yelled out.

"Out. It's California. There are plenty of things to do here besides stay with you." She said.

~Present Day~

I remember after that I controlled myself. Besides Alison, no one knew I took drugs. Not even my parents.That was what Spencer was talking about. How the hell did she find out? My phone buzzes and I come back to my recent thoughts. I open the message.

Clue your parents in Spencer's little secret, or else you and I will have a little meet again. Kisses -A

I pretty much just chuck my phone at the couch and rest against the counter. I get that cup of water and take a pill from Spencer's bottle and put it in my mouth. I drink water and put the bottle back where I found it.

Once I took the pill, Emily came down the steps.

"Can't sleep either?" She asks.

"Nope." I say and smile a small smile. I just realized what I did. I can't start this again. Especially for Spencer's sake.