Chapter 9

We walked out of the house. All of us were freezing. Spencer and I were keeping each others distances. I felt bad for the other girls. They had to see this. But now that I think about they have seen much worse. Al of us stopped on we reach the entrance of the barn.

"All of us stick together. We all have our phones. As long as we do that,we will be safe." Spencer says.

Everyone nods or says okay except me. They are about to go in, but Hanna looks back at me as I stand away from the door.

"Are you coming?" Hanna asked.

I began thinking about what Alison said to me. That it isn't safe.

"Maybe we shouldn't go. It can't be safe." I say.

"Ken, we need to go." Aria says.

"Why?" I said. I didn't exactly know why we were going.

"Can we just go. Geez, stop playing chicken." Spencer says opening the door. I wanted to slap her, but everyone was already inside. We walked in and turned on the lights. We walked further into the barn. I remember this barn was just dusty and filled with gardening supplies and only had one couch. Though Spencer renovated it and now it's basically an apartment.

Suddenly the lights go out. I heard Hanna scream.

Aria then said,"Great lights out."

"We have our phones.." Emily mentions.

"See! Without your phone, you wouldn't live!" Hanna says. I chuckle at her comment. We use the flashlights on our phones. We walk into another room in the barn. Everyone is checking things out.

"I'm going to check the other room." I say.

Spencer strikes a look at me and says "No. You are staying here."

"You're not the boss of me." I walk away into another room.

It was pitch black. I couldn't see one thing in that room. If it wasn't for my flashlight, then I would of had to put my hands out on front of me in order to walk around.

I pointed the flash flight around the room. I couldn't see a thing. All there was, was a bed, dresser and desk. I gave up on looking and turned around to the next room in the massive barn, but that was until I heard a loud creak. That creak wasn't from the girls in the other room. That creak occurred in the room I was in. And I didn't make it.

My heart was pumping fast as I slowly turned. I saw a tall black figure, only 10 feet away from me.

My breathing rate was out of this world. I saw the black figure trying to move, and my first reaction was moving myself and calling Spencer. I started to run, and the figure in black chased me. Once I reached the hall near Spencer, I called again.

"SPENCER!"

Then I heard a bang causing me to fall. I felt the blood oozing out from the gunshot wound on my side.

I heard someone say in a muffled voice, "Kendall!!"

My vision got blurry, everything I heard was muffled, and I finally felt the pain jolting through my body. And it all went away, when my vision turned black.