chapter 21

Hey friends , how are you all ? i hope all of you are fine . So i took a long time in uploading but you guys know i dont have enough time to upload frequently and thanks for coping up with me.Here is the chapter , i tried to make it long because i like big chapters ;p 

Chapter 21

“Hello “

“where are you ? I need to talk to you .” manu said in a serious tone .

“okay wait for 5 mintues I am coming over your house .”

I hang up and turned to dev.He was looking something in his cell phone , then he turned towards me

“who was that ?” dev asked.

“ Manu has called , I think she needs me. I have to go .” he became sad and tried to smile but failed .We moved towards the car .He dropped me infront of manu’s house .he turned the engine off and looked towards me

“ I love you shanaya “ I loved it when he says my name , I leaned towards him and kissed his lips briefly

“Love you too “

When I reached in manu’s room she was laying on her bed facing the ceiling.When she heard me coming she got up to a sitting position.

“I broke up with Jeet .” she said and I got this feeling that she is not a bit affected by this .

“Why ? what happened ?”

She sighed and said “ we are not gonna work out, I cant tolerate him.He wants to move fast but I am not ready for that.Last night he had called and wanted to talk dirty so I hang up on him , then in morning I thought about it then realised we are not going to work so I broke up with him .”

I did’nt know what to say , what she said was just immature. If two persons comes in a relation there would be a time when a guy would ask for this and its not wrong. After all he was her boyfriend, he waited for her a whole year and now if he just talks a little about sex then what is wrong.Atleast he waited and asked her girlfriend instead of cheating on her with another girl .

I tried to explain this to manu but she was determined that they are not going to work , so I did’nt said her anything .It was her decision if she wants to have a relation or not.I reached home and texted dev.

“hey jaanu , where are you ?”

“ hi , I was with Jeet .He was crying ,when I met him .” dev texted back.

“Why ? “ I asked

“He is very heartbroken .He loves manpreet with his whole heart and she ditched her .”  he said , rage and sadness in his voice.I just wanted him to be happy and here he is very sad .

“Don’t worry , everything will be fine. Give him some time to sort out his feelings  and he will be fine”  I replied and he said he is going to ride home so he said he will text later.

Next  few days were a bit awkward between dev and manu . He stopped talking to her because he believed that she is dating someone else that’s why she broke up with Jeet  . Jeet and dev were best friends so whatever  jeet  told dev he believed like I believed whatever manu said, but here nobody knows who is saying the truth. Manu was there for me when I needed her the most  so I will also support her every chance I get.

 Its been two weeks after their breakup , but still dev has not talked to her and after a few try manu left  the hope and stopped trying .Now they are not on talking basis and Its very difficult for me to to handle them .Dev don’t want me hanging around her but I fought with him and made him understand that he cant order me around or tell who to be friends with .He was angry but could’nt do anything about it .

Yesterday dev had called, I avoided talking anything related to manu so we don’t start fighting again. We slept at 3 in the morning and I was very tired of fighting with him. Finally when I was in silence I try to sleep. I woke up and checked my phone . it showed 9:12 and 2 missed calls & 4 text messages all from dev , shit I am dead . Dad will kill me if he get to know  that I skipped school today  and if I make it alive then dev will surely not let this go. He is very serious when it comes to study .I went to washroom to freshen up ,brushed my teeth then replied to dev . I went downstairs to have something to eat I saw my dad sitting in the couch in living room .I went towards him and asked

“Dad you did’nt went to office today ?”

“Why are you standing sit down first.” He said worriedly , I didn’t understand why he is so worried  but still sat on the couch.

“you were having very high fever in the morning when I came to wake you up for school, so I switched off the fan and let you take a day off from school.” He look relieved when he touched my forehead to check if I still am heating up from fever.

“Thank god you are not having fever , I called the day off because I thought its not good to leave you alone in the house suffering from fever.You want something to eat ? I can make you breakfast “ He asked .

Dad always gets worked up even if I get a small scar , he is very caring .I told him I can eat anything  and I can help if he wants but he said he wanted to make something for his little princess . My dad is very sweet and he always make me feel like I am a princess .

I had breakfast with dad , he made pasta for me and then we sat and talked like I used to when I was a kid. It was basically I was speaking and my dad was listening to me patiently , speaking here and there .I don’t know when I slept but when I woke up I was in the couch and a blanket was draped around me .I sat up and went in the kitchen to drink water ,there was a note stuck up in the front of our refrigerator. It read

 “ hey princess something urgent came up so I am leaving for office ,I have left some money for you order something for lunch .I am really sorry dear .”

So I was alone in the house ,I thought what to do .My phone started ringing so I went in the living room to check the caller id , it was Dev.He never calls me in day time , we always used to talk in text messages .If he is calling then their must be something serious .

---/\---

so why is dev calling ? did something happened in school ? or maybe something happened between dev and manpreet ;) yep i just gave a hint of what is going to happen in the next chapter.