Chapter 2. Mckayla

Chapter 2. Mckayla.

It was Valentine's Day. It was a day that I wanted to remember for the rest of my life. I turned fifteen today, the day that I was finally allowed to ask someone out on a date, according to my lovely over-protective parents.  Hopefully, that happened today.

"Happy birthday!" My best friend Cecilia exclaimed, as she hugged me tightly from behind. She stuffed a card in my face, and I couldn't help but to smile. Best-friends always know how to make your day.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Just a little something for my best friend, because I love you."

"You're sweet," I smiled, giving her a proper hug. "Happy Valentine's Day, by the way."

"Honey," She took off her purple sparkly scarf, and put it around my neck. "The only way that it will be an actual, Happy Valentine's Day, is if you try to get a Valentine." She fixed her blond hair, and put it up into a pony-tail. She was gorgeous. "That scarf really does match your outfit well."

"I know! I need to get one!"

"You already have one though."

"What are you talking about?"

"The one your wearing is now officially, Mckayla McGregor's, Juicy Couture Scarf."

I shreeked, smiled, and hugged Cecilia tightly. "You're the best."

"Oh, I know," She locked arms with mine. "Now lets go find you a boyfriend."

We walked down the Sophomore hallway, and standing alone at his locker was my crush, Andrew. Andrew was adorable, brown hair, green eyes, and a huge flirt. Even though he did flirt with a lot of girls at school, I think that he might have had a crush on me as well. Cecilia met my gaze. "There's your chance," She punched me lightly. "Go talk to him, and be cool."

I breathed in, and smiled. "I got this!" I walked over to him, and stood next to his locker. I flipped my hair back, and waited for him to say something. I waited, and waited, and it was almost like he didn't know I was standing right next to him. He closed his locker and began to walk away. I quickly exclaimed, "Happy Valentines Day!" He turned back around and looked at me. "You too... McKenna," He responded, looking less thrilled.

McKenna? Really?! All these years I've known him, he thought my name was Mckenna!? I looked at Cecilia. Her left eyebrow went up, in disgust.

"Her name is not McKenna. How stupid are you boy?!" Cecilia shouted, her  fists clenched. I loved Cecilia for always sticking up for me, and hating when someone treated me wrong. But, it was just a mistake.

"Oh gosh... I'm sorry. It's McKayla, right?" He replied, biting on his lower lip. "My mind is just somewhere in the clouds today."

"It's fine! Don't worry about it!" I talked freakishly fast, getting a little nervous. Oh and of course making sounds where the only words you can make out are,  "Haha, haha, haha!"

Cecilia held out her hand, telling me to slow down a little bit. When I get nervous, I laugh really crazy.

"So... Where are you going? Science, Math, History, English? There is so many classes out there!" Sweat dripped down my forehead, I could just feel it.

Cecilia looked away her hand on her head. Oh god... was I really that embarrassing?

"I'm going to Science... and so are you, you're in the same class... right?"

"Oh... yeah," I slapped my cheek. "Valentines day... all the candy is really getting to me."

Andrew nodded his head slowly and said, "Well, I'll talk to you later then. I should probably get to class."

"Right, class! Yeah, I should probably get there too. Don't want to be late of course! Not on Valentines day... with all the girls... and the candy... and the..." He turned around, and walked to Science, blocking me out.

I looked down at my feet and sighed. "I totally ruined it, didn't I?"

"Don't worry about it," She rolled her eyes. "He doesn't seem like a keeper, anyway. I mean, he was pretty rude."

"Well, it is Valentines Day. Everyone's heads are in the clouds," I admitted. Especially mine.