Chapter 9. Alice.

Chapter 9. Alice.

As soon as I walked through the entrance at the mall, I saw a familiar face. You knew that gorgeous unique face wherever you went, because it was hard to forget.Her hair was more difficult to forget. But it was all gone now.

I usually saw her here at the mall. Always shopping, or hanging out with friends. That was her hobby.

Casey Gibson was sitting on a bench, playing with her cell phone. She wasn't with anyone, which was much different from the times I've seen her here before. She was very popular at school. Everyone wanted to be like her.

Even me.

Now that her hair is gone, nobody wants to be seen with her. It would be social suicide.

It's amazing how much can change once a person gets a different look. Not that it was her fault. It's obvious that Casey has cancer. I know for a fact she would never shave her head.

She looked up, and made eye contact with me. I smiled. She did the same. By surprise, she stood up, pulled her skirt down and started walking towards me.

"Hey Alice," She said, giving me a hug. "I've been looking for you." Her smile was so big. It was good to finally see her happy.

"What?" I asked, confused. "Why me?"

"Because," She giggled, and patted my head. "Your the only one that hasn't asked me a question about my hair."

"Oh." I looked down at my feet. "Well, it's none of my business to ask."

"Your sweet. Thank you so much!" She took my hand, and began to run across the mall, with me still in her grasp.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked loudly, as a ton of stores past by.

"Shopping!" She squealed.

Me? She's taking me shopping? Why not one of her popular friends?

When we finally stopped, we were both out of breath. All of the sudden we both burst out laughing.

When we stopped Casey suggested, "Here, why don't we go in now?"

I looked up at the entrance. The store was called, "Designer needs!" I had heard about this store before, it's usually where all the preps went to by their clothes. I could never afford anything in here.

"I don't know. I don't have that much money," I looked at her, surprised I actually said the honest truth.

"It's okay," She said grabbing my hand again. "I'll pay."

Before I even got to respond, she started dragging me into the store.

"Woah!" I yelled in shock. This store was amazing. I looked around, and saw myself in the black mirror's about fifty times. When you first walked in, there was a beauty parlor, with dressers full of makeup and skin products. Casey didn't seem to pay much attention to that. What she wanted to reach, seemed like a mission.

As we past through many hallways of this huge gorgeous store, there was many things to look at. I would be scared if I ever saw a boy in here. When we finally stopped, we reached a huge room with shirts, and jeans and still many mirrors. There was closets full of all the designer brands, and I didn't even know where to start. I looked to the left to see, Juicy Couture, something that I've always thought had adorable clothes, but everything I looked at was way out of my budget. I walked over to the Juicy Couture closet, and opened up the doors to reveal a bunch of different colored shirts.

I heard Casey scream behind me, as her footsteps came closer. She quickly pulled out a pink shirt, with a huge heart on the front. Jewels were attached to the heart, and they sparkled as she moved it around on the hanger. "This is yours," She said, putting it close to me, examining how it would look on me.