Chapter 16. Casey

Chapter 16. Casey.

We couldn't stop the laughing, me and Alice were both lying on my bed, laughing so hard, that I felt like I was going to cry. I reached out to grab my water bottle, but I couldn't reach or stop laughing. The weird thing was, we weren't even laughing about a paticular thing.

Tonight was like the ultimate sleepover.

I did Alice's hair, in five different hairstyles.

We uploaded fifty pointless video's to YouTube and FaceBook.

We did blind make overs.

We prank called.

We played Truth Or Dare.

We watched a movie.

And now it was four in the morning, and we were acting crazy, probably from how much sugar we ate.

"Okay, okay." Alice sat up and took a deep breath. "I got an idea."

I got up and grabbed my water bottle, not being lazy this time, and took a drink. "Tell me." I smiled, sitting back down on the bed.

"We play a little, ding dong ditch," She said, showing an evil looking smile. She leaned back and started laughing some more.

"Wait." I put my hands out, grabbed her head, and shook it. "Since when did you become so daring?"

"Since I became friends with you, Miss Gibson." She got up and bowed, acting like that was a good thing.

"Okay, well, you can be daring, but not too daring. You don't want to get into some serious trouble now, do you?"

She shook her head. "But I do want to do this."

"Are you sure? Ding dong ditching takes lots of skill, take it from me, the ding dong ditch master." I blinked and smiled, trying to act full of myself.

"I am positive," She stated, grabbing her jacket and throwing mine at me to put on. She opened the door to my balcony, which was just outside my room. I usually used it to get out in the middle of the night and see Corey. I haven't used it in a while though, since the break up. It gave me bad memories, sometimes. She walked out of the balcony, and climbed over to the tree that stood beside it. I was worried she might fall. "Be careful!" I yelled after her. I go on the balcony, and realize that she's already standing on the ground, waving for me to come to her. "Wow, somebody has talent," I said.

"Come on, slow poke!" She whisper- yelled.

I climbed down the tree as well, and remembered how easy it was to do this, and how fun it was to pretend I was escaping.

I landed hard, and it took my breath away for a second. "Exhilarating," I said. We both laughed.

We went to street next to mine, which was also Corey's street. I was afraid that she would want to prank Corey. I didn't want him to freak out on me.

"Be prepared to run," She said. I got in my track position. I was use to this. She ran over to a brick house, and rung the doorbell. I ran to the next house and did the same, until almost all the houses in the neighborhood were in unison.

We hid behind a tree, as people opened their front doors and looked around to see who was there. Some shut their doors and ignored it, but one person swore, and mumbled, "Stupid ding dong ditch."

We tried hard to keep quiet and stop laughing, but it was so difficult. "Amazing. We woke the whole street up," I chuckled. "We're probably going to be on the news tomorrow."

"What if someone calls the Cops?" Alice asked, now biting her nails.

"They won't. They're too lazy." I patted her back, trying to not make her nervous. The truth was, they could have called the cops, but there was no guarantee that they would find us.

She nodded, and took a deep breath. A smile appeared on her face. "Corey's house."

I shook my head, really fast. "No way."

"Come on, think about what he did to you. He needs some revenge."

That was true, but I really didn't want to get in trouble. Why did I suddenly care? All my life I was the ultimate dare devil. I didn't know why I was suddenly so afraid now.

"Come on," She pushed, giving me a light punch on the shoulder.

"Okay," I sighed. "Let's do this."

We walked a little while, and when we finally got there, a wave of butterflies came over me. I saw the love seat. It was a seat that me and Corey sat in when we had our first kiss. I loved that chair, I could share a bunch of stories about it. It would be something that I would have loved to pass on to my kids, if me and Corey ever got married. I always pictured that happening,Me and Corey being high school sweethearts, and spending the rest of our life's together. I shook my head, trying to get rid of that thought.

"You ready?" Alice asked me, making me jump. I was so into my thoughts, I forgot where I even was for a second.

I nodded, and we walked up the steps to his house. I held out my hand to stop her, when I noticed something. There was a bucket full of water on his porch, I didn't know why, but I was putting it to good use.

I took my hair out of a pony tail, and ripped it in half. I rapped the broken pony tail around the bucket handle, and attached the bucket to the top of the front screen door, as quietly as I could. This way, when Corey opened it, the water would splash all over him. "What are you doing?" Alice asked whispering curiously.

"You'll see," I replied, ringing the doorbell, taking her hand and running behind the building. We could still see Corey's reaction. I leaned down, and Alice followed.

I saw Corey's father opened the door slightly, but not all the way. He looked around to see if anyone was there. I swallowed hard. I didn't want Corey's dad to get soaked! Why didn't I think about this? He shut the door, and walked away.

As I was about to get up, Corey opened the door, all the way this time. I got excited. The bucket came down on him, splashing him right in the face. He looked up grabbed the pony tail, but threw the bucket. "Shit," He mumbled. He examined the pony tail. I gulped again, did he know? "Who's there?"

Alice gasped, and I could just feel the nervousness that was going on inside her head.

"Casey, if that's you, your so dead!" He yelled, making the outside echo with his words. He slammed the door. I laid down on the ground, and exhaled, realizing that I was holding my breath the whole time.