Chapter 6. Mckayla

Chapter 6. McKayla.

I dragged my feet slowly across Andrew's driveway, forcing myself closer to his front door. It was time for me to really tell Andrew how I felt. He lived next to me for years, actually right next door, and this whole time, I haven't really talked to him at all. It was really hard for me to talk to him, and I think I might have had a little bit of social anxiety. But, I atleast managed to walk myself in front of his house, which was a good step.

When I finally reached the front step of his house, I stared at the doorbell.

Should I?

Probably not.

But I really like him.

He probably doesn't like me, though.

What if he does like me?

Why am I freaking out? It's only a boy.

But a very cute boy. Oh lets be honest, a very hot boy.

Hehe.

Haha.

Oh my god... Did I just laugh out loud?

Thoughts kept racing around in my head, while the front door opened by surprise. I jumped a little, and my heart raced.

Andrew was standing there, with a little smile on his face. "Weren't you going to ring the doorbell? Or just stand there?"

"Uh... yeah, I was going too. I was just looking for the doorbell. It's kind of hard to find," My head began to hurt. That was so stupid.

He walked out of the door way, turned his head to the right, and pointed at the doorbell. It was right in front of me. "It's right there," He explained, chuckling a little bit.

"Oh," I looked down at the ground, feeling my cheeks turn red.

"So, did you want to talk to me about something?" He asked, lifting my chin up with his hand. He smiled flashing his white teeth. Chills ran down my back. He was super close.

"Yeah, actually, I did," I responded, quietly. I didn't want to yell, he was standing pretty close. He was staring at me, looking deep into my eyes, while I looked into his beautiful blue eyes.

"What is it?"

"I wondered if..."

"If what?"

"If you wanted to... go steady..." I coughed. "I mean, go study."

"Study for?"

"Science?"

"But... the next test is in two weeks. I don't really see a use for studying now," He looked at me confused.

"Well, I usually do. I always get an a plus when that I study weeks in advance." 

"Oh, nice method."

"Yeah," I said, tapping my foot on the concrete floor. I was still a little nervous. But, I was getting better at talking to him.

"Alright, just come in. But, I don't think you really want to study, do you?"

I looked at him, and giggled.

He rolled his eyes, and stepped inside. I followed, looking around in his house. When you first step in, there is a long wooden staircase, and a table next to it, holding a bunch of pictures of people. They all looked the same, most of them looking like a miniature Andrew, probably his baby pictures. He was cute as a baby.

Jersey Shore was playing on the television. I never liked that show, I would just watch a few minutes of it, and then change the channel. It was pretty pathetic.

I walked over and watched as Andrew stared deeply at the television. It confused me. It was so weird, how many people could just enjoy staring at the T.V, or video games for hours, with no problem. I was an active person, I couldn't stand really watching T.V in the first place. I usually just did it when I was sick, or in the morning when I first wake up.

The thoughts still kept crossing my mind. Did Andrew like me? He wasn't acting very friendly, but I suppose earlier he did give some hints.

He turned his head, and saw me standing there. He turned the T.V off with his remote. "So, what do you want to do?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. How about you?"

"I have no idea. Your the one who came over."

I flopped down on the couch. "Yeah... well, to study."

"Don't lie. You just wanted to get with this," He said, lifting his shirt up, and pointing to his stomach. My eyes widened.

"Excuse me?" I lifted my right eyebrow, and crossed my arms across my chest.

"You got to admit, I'm pretty hot," He winked.

"Hot? If anything, your a huge jerk!" My voice got louder, and I just couldn't believe what he just said. I was about to run out any second.

"A hot, babe-magnet jerk," He continued. And... he pulled the trigger. I began to run away, out the door, across the yard, back to my safe and comfortable room.

"Yeah, anything but that!" I yelled shutting the front door behind me.

Andrew was a huge jerk, and I should have known. He was never nice to me, and never treated anyone with respect.

When I got into my room, I got under the blankets in my bed, and let out a huge scream. My phone began ringing. It was him. Andrew.

"What do you want?" I answered.

"Just to tell you, I know you have a huge crush on me, but I don't date hideous girls. Change your look, and then maybe I'll chase after you."