Chapter 5. Alice.

Chapter 5. Alice.

The sun was coming down, and I couldn't believe that I was still waiting for my mom to come and pick me up from school. "Hurry up," I whispered, talking to nobody.

I checked my phone. Still no texts, or any missed calls from my mom. The lobby at school was completely empty now, and it felt so lonely. I put ear plugs in my Iphone, touched the Ipod icon, and put my music on shuffle. I looked out the window, and saw a figure of someone with a football jersey. It was Kendall! The day I first talked to him, happened about a week ago, and I haven't seen him since. It was a good thing, probably. He didn't want to be seen with such a nobody like me. He was one of those boys who actually had a social status, and a good one at that.

Sometimes I wish I could talk to someone about the thing going on between me and Kendall.

No, wait. There was nothing to tell. Kendall was, Kendall. He didn't like me. Nobody liked me. This was probably all just a joke. Probably a Truth Or Dare game, he played. But what if he did really like me? This was internal conflict, playing tricks on my brain. What if I gave him a chance, what if I went outside and talked to him? What bad could possibly happen?

I picked up my bookbag, and my purse, and headed outside. I wasn't really thinking right now, I just felt like I should talk to this guy. What happened a few days ago, remained as a mystery, and it was very confusing to solve.

I opened the door, Kendall jumped, and turned around. He smiled when he saw me. "Hey Alice."

"Hi." I walked over, and sat next to Kendall on the bench. Where was I going with this?

"What are you still doing here?" We both said at the same time. We both giggled, and couldn't stop laughing for a minute.

"I'm waiting for my mom to pick me up. She got stuck at work."

"Yeah, I'm waiting for my friend. He's suppose to be here too. Guess he's running late."

And then the silence happened. The long silence. The very awkward silence. He was still staring at me, studying me, the whole time this happened, I could feel it.

I finally met his gaze. "What?"

"I want to show you something," He told me, smiling. He took my hands, and began running to the destination he was going to take me to. I watched the school building, vanish, while we were running.

When we finally got there, we were both out of breath. But I didn't care, because what I was looking at, was totally worth it.

There was a lake, with a waterfall pouring water into it. The sound was relaxing, and the grass and tree's were all covered with snow. The water was almost frozen, but it wasn't that cold to be completely frozen. But I looked up, and what I saw over the tree's, was a spectacular view of New York City. The whole time I've lived here, I've never seen something so beautiful. Not even Central Park could relate.

"Wow," I exclaimed. "This is amazing."

"I know," He laughed. "I've been waiting to show someone this. None of my friends would actually appreciate it. But your different."

"Is that in a good way?"

He nodded. "Really good."

"I know, I'm different. That's why I don't understand, why you, the captain of the football team, would actually be talking to me right now."

"So what? I might be a captain of a sport, but it's just something I like to do. I don't like it when people classify me as a prep. To be honest, I hate doing it. Everyone expects you to date a certain bratty girl, or wear the latest clothes from Hollister. It just never fit my image."

I didn't really know what to say. This confused me. Was he lieing to play a trick on me? He seemed so honest, though. I feel like I should trust him, so I reply, "I understand."

I looked down, and his hand was moving to the right, closer to my left hand. I looked up at his face, and saw him focusing. It was almost like he was questioning what to do. I made it easier for him, and quickly slid my hand into his. His hand was warm, and comfortable, and I felt safe.

I looked up at the sky, and tried to hide the giant smile that was coming. Since when was Alice Mabery confident? And all that came rushing down on me, right as I was holding that boys hand. He's changed me. For the better.